ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

australian citizenship - police checks?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ozgirl2009
Newly Registered

australian citizenship - police checks?

Post by ozgirl2009 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:40 am

hi everyone

here I am now stressed about australian citizenship!
I would like to know if Australian police checks are required or not; also after being granted a PR 1 year ago, I went on holidays for 1 month in my home country. Question: do I need to get a police check from my country, having spent only 1 month over there? the website is not very clear, as it says for good character requirements, overseas police checks are required if "you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over"; so I am not sure if the requirements are cumulative or not.

In the end, it says' Provide overseas penal clearance certificates from those countries where you spent more than 90 days.'

If anyone knows the answer, please feel free to reply! I just want to make sure about it, thanks

ethanlds
BANNED

Post by ethanlds » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Police check up is one of the important part to apply for the Permanent residency of any country. it must be necessary that you are not involved any crime and your police record should be clear to apply for the PR or Citizenship of any particular country. really this is the best website which share such kind of information.

angie1
Newly Registered

Post by angie1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm

yes you will definatly need the police checks.

In the end, it says' Provide overseas penal clearance certificates from those countries where you spent more than 90 days.' <------ is this new??

i had read that police clerance reports is required for any countries you have lived in for more than 12 months

ozboy2013
Newly Registered

Post by ozboy2013 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 am

Hi Ozgirl2009,

I know this thread is old, but I am sure you must have got your citizenship by now and can help me now, as I am stuck in the same situation as you have mentioned above.

ausvisa18
Newly Registered

Post by ausvisa18 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 am

now Australia rule and regulation get tighten now..