ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best Career for PR in Australia ?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hashim2
Newly Registered

Best Career for PR in Australia ?

Post by hashim2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 am

I am planning to travel to Australia for my Bachelors. Now, what I want to ask is what should I study so that after completing my degree I have a better chance of getting PR? I looked at the SOL list and till now i.e 1 July, 2014 "Accountant" is on the list and studying accounts would be my first choice. However, you may know that the "Accountant" occupation was flagged in 2013 and there was a risk of it being removed in 2014. Though, that did not happen, the question remains that will it be there in 3 years time ? So, basically I am looking to study something which will be on the SOL when I finish the degree and apply for PR. Although, I realise it is impossible to forecast the SOL 3-4 years from now but, still, I would like to hear from someone who has experience in this field and can tell me which is the best degree program to pursue right now which will be in high demand 3-4 years from now.

Also, I would like to point out that I can not study any kind of engineering because i did not study sciences in my A Levels.

Thanks in advance.