ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you get a visa for despite a police caution on record??

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stoneyboycool
Newly Registered

Can you get a visa for despite a police caution on record??

Post by stoneyboycool » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm thinking of immigrating from the UK to Australia or New Zealand or Canada sometime within the next 5 years.

However I've just had a background check done, so I can volunteer to help under-privileged children and it shows that I have a caution on my record.

It's for possessing class A drug - MDMA.

It's something that I'm not proud of and lessons have been learned. Mainly due to being with the wrong crowd. The Police found a very small amount of ecstasy in a hotel room with loads of people there and no one admitted to it being theirs. They took my details and gave everyone a warning. It is not a conviction from court, only a caution. I thought this wouldn't be noted at all.

I'm now very concerned about whether I will be granted a visa when I apply.

Can anyone please give some advice if they've been in a similar situation??? Has anybody successfully or unsuccessfully applied for a visa to immigrate??

ethanlds
BANNED

Post by ethanlds » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 pm

As per my point of view you can not get visa if you police record is not clear. because if your police record is not a clear you are known as a prisoner where you do not have a right to apply for the visa. really this is the beneficial website to get all kinds of information related to the police crime. i am so impress by visit your interesting website.

rosemarieB
Newly Registered

Post by rosemarieB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 am

As far as I know, you can't get a visa. You must clear first your police record.