ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 am

I'm also looking for a reference guide for Aussie PR, experts please help, also have few specific questions:

I am an Indian citizen, IT professional with 11 years experience, also worked for one year in UK on Tier1. At present I'm in New Delhi, India.

:?: For getting UK Tier1 Visa, I have not appeared in IELTS. All my formal education was in English. Do I still have to clear IELTS for getting an Aussie GSM, my ultimate target is to get Australian PR.

:?: Does my wife have to clear IELTS? Both me and my wife are post graduates in Computer Science and my wife also have 6 years experience. For getting 5 points from spouse's education, do I have to separately get her documents validated from ACS?

:?: Do I have to clear IELTS before applying to ACS?

:?: Is there any reference site or book where I can get all my queries answered? :?:

:?: I am keen to know if I can apply and clear the PR process on my own :?:

I2wannafly
Newly Registered

Post by I2wannafly » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:26 am

hi cskmail,

I too am planning for a PR and have 6+ yrs exp in IT. You might want to checkout the Aus immigration website and where you will find answers to most of your queries.
I have contacted a migration agent, but seem to charge too high for the visa services (around 60K !!)
Have finally decided to file ur visa application on ur own? If so, it would be great if you can guide me too..

Thanks in advance..
I2wannafly !!

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:26 am

Hi,

So far I have postponed any further action on this as I am thinking first to prepare for IELTS.

I have never appeared for any such English test, so I can not be sure If I can score good in it.

Whats your plan so far?

:)

AlbertD'souza
Newly Registered

Post by AlbertD'souza » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:59 am

IELTS gets difficult when you are not aware of British English, They will give a any topic, like Jury and Judge or What happens in British Law.

forditec
BANNED

Post by forditec » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 am

cskmail wrote:I'm also looking for a reference guide for Aussie PR, experts please help, also have few specific questions:

I am an Indian citizen, IT professional with 11 years experience, also worked for one year in UK on Tier1. At present I'm in New Delhi, India.

:?: For getting UK Tier1 Visa, I have not appeared in IELTS. All my formal education was in English. Do I still have to clear IELTS for getting an Aussie GSM, my ultimate target is to get Australian PR.

:?: Does my wife have to clear IELTS? Both me and my wife are post graduates in Computer Science and my wife also have 6 years experience. For getting 5 points from spouse's education, do I have to separately get her documents validated from ACS?

:?: Do I have to clear IELTS before applying to ACS?

:?: Is there any reference site or book where I can get all my queries answered? :?:

:?: I am keen to know if I can apply and clear the PR process on my own :?:

Yes.. You should Take the IELTS test.....

To apply for GSM visas, u need to pass the points test... ielts score is also a factor to determine the Points test for GSM visas..

http://www.spammer.in/news/points-t ... tion-visa/

This is the link to points table for australian GSM visas..
Current pass mark is 65..

Ur wife need not have to take the IELTS test if you are eligible to get the required points..
u r free to take your family members along with u..

forditec
BANNED

Post by forditec » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 am

if u get the required pass mark of 65 points you can apply yourself.. no need for an employer sponsorship..

the best source of information is the official website immi.gov.au