ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Improve Ielts score after application to change the status

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bappinsu
Newly Registered

Improve Ielts score after application to change the status

Post by bappinsu » Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Dear all,
help me to find the right answer

I have a valid IELTS exam (9(Li), 9(Re), 6.5(Wr) 7(Sp) and I am over the pool mark (115) but I still miss 5 points to reach the pass mark.
I want to apply under present point system.

So I have to apply now (under independent skilled migration class 175 ) it goes to the pool now.

Is it possible to show new evidences like better IELTS during those 2 years to improve my point test or my ONLY option is to pray for a lowering of the PASS mark ? I dont think they are planning to lower pass mark any more as they are going for a new point system.

By now, I haven,t found exact and clear information in immi.gov.au except this -

" OPTIONS IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE PASS MARK:
If you achieve a score which is below the current Skilled - Independent (subclass 175) or Skilled - Sponsored (subclass 176) visa pass mark, but above another mark, known as the 'pool mark', your application will be held in reserve for up to two (2) years after assessment. When this happens, your application has been 'pooled', or placed 'in the pool'.
If the pass mark is lowered at any time in that two-year period, and your score is equal to or higher than the new pass mark, your application will then be processed further. If you do not achieve enough points to meet the pool mark, your General Skilled Migration application will be refused. "

Is it possible/legal to approve my results after the moment of applying or I have first to reach IELTS mark 7 in order to reach 120 points mark and apply after?

Now that i can submit my score within 28 days of my application.. can it be increased?

Couldn,t I be able to show new evidences to improve my point test or my only option is to pray for a lowering of the PASS mark by the immi.gov?

Same question applies for "my spouse in the mean time gets positive assessment.."

I hope you could help me as soon as possible!

Best regards!

Faisal

zeeshanhaider
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhaider » Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Dear Faisal,

One thing is sure that they are not going to lowering the IELTS score. That will remain 7 for each module. Same question i asked few days back and i got this answer. You better try to improve IELTS score. 5 more Points you can earn if your spouse's education and work experience approved by the approving authority like ACS. Same problem is with me I got 7+ in all three modules but writing is giving tough time. Wish you best of luck. What is your age because It is expected that they are going to change age bracket. Maximum points of age expected to be between 25 to 32.

Regards,

Zeeshan

bappinsu
Newly Registered

Post by bappinsu » Wed May 25, 2011 4:17 am

Dear Zeeshan,

Thanks for the answer. i know i have to go for improvement. No question abt that. What i exactly wanted to know is that:

Presently i score 115 (with IELTS score point competent English 15).

If i apply now i will be in the pool.

i will be sitting for IELTS June 11th and expecting to get the result by June 23. if that doesn't click again, i want to apply with the pool mark bcz i don't know what will happen after June.

Nw if i apply with the present score.. and in near future my wife gets assessed positively, can i increase my mark?

if my English score is improved later on, can i add marks for that and get out of the pool?

once someone gets into the pool is it the only way to get out is to expect the will sometimes lower the point?

or points can be added/increased after application submitted?

Thanks

Faisal

surfichick
Newly Registered

Post by surfichick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey dude,

I'm having the same problem as you. I suppose it is not a problem and we can solve it. ive sat now 2 times for ielts with very similar results. I need one point to get 7 in each module.
I have lodged today an application because I intend to inprove the IELTS .
You definetely can do it as long as you dont have an CO. You can submit doc. Because you meet te basic reqirements and are in the pool.
So if you like better this point system go for it.
Cose they will make it even harder now with english requirements.
To alocate you an CO takes time , im sure at least 5 months.
Only he can give you than a limit of 28 to supply a IELTS with 4 / 7

So you get better ielts you out of pool.

Hey I sitt on the 11 / 6 to again.

Mark

bappinsu
Newly Registered

Post by bappinsu » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi surfi
Thanks for the answer. Hope u have done well this time.. I expect some positive results this time from my exam and i hope aftr the results come out, it goes in favour of me.

Best wishes for u too.

Faisal