ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Australia - Guidance Required

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sabukethazin
Newly Registered

Moving to Australia - Guidance Required

Post by sabukethazin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi

My fiance and I are planning on possibly moving to Australia within the next 6 months, although i have little idea how realistic this is currently. our situation is as follows.

She has dual citizenship (US and UK) and has lived in the UK for the vast majority of her life and i am born and bred in the UK. I work in IT as a project manager for a successful web design company and have experience myself in web design and management, my job is available to me when i move still working for the company in this country albeit remotely. My fiance is a trained actress / model with experience in general administration and vast experience with Horse training / grooming. We plan on getting married very soon after we have immigrated.

I would appreciate any advice regarding the best way to go about immigration to Australia and what routes to follow etc. I understand there are certain vocations that they look fondly upon but im not sure what these are.

Many thanks

ansari74
Newly Registered

Post by ansari74 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:22 pm

hi,
me and my wife are applying next week i am still not sure about the procedure but have a meeting with a cosultant on wednesday. i can let you know about the procedure after wednesday

JAJ
Australia

Re: Moving to Australia - Guidance Required

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm

sabukethazin wrote: I would appreciate any advice regarding the best way to go about immigration to Australia and what routes to follow etc. I understand there are certain vocations that they look fondly upon but im not sure what these are.
http://www.immi.gov.au

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:20 am

i think your timeline is a bit overly positive. Visa applications for non-MODL applicants (general skilled migration category) take approx 10-18 months, depending on your country of origin. You may have to enter on a tourist visa instead.

pkng1212
Newly Registered

Post by pkng1212 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi there,

I am currently applying for migration to Australia under skilled visa.

When it comes to migration, you need to score a minimum of 120 points.

I have actually have a blog on my experience on migration to Australia. Wanted to share with everyone about it.

ttp://my-migration2australia.blogspot.com

Please feel free to visit it. I have also included links where you can check whether your occupation is lister under MODL.

Cheers.

PeterS
Newly Registered

Post by PeterS » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:53 am

Hi there,

I have been doing some basic research for some friends of ours that are considering emigrating to Australia, having done this myself some years back. I stumbled across this new website when using a different search engine to my normal one (for some reason it doesn't appear on google).

[ link deleted by Admin ]

Our friends found the information a great starting point and it seems to have some good links to reference the key topics like getting a visa, finding a job, somewhere to live etc.

Hope its of use.

Peter

_______

[ NOTE:

Immigrationboards.com Forum Index -> Announcements
-> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11812

Peter, I suspect the reason your site doesn't show on google is that you just created it :

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: IMMI-RALIA.COM
Created on: 24-Jan-07
Expires on: 24-Jan-09
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration IMMIGRA-RALIA.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration IMMIG-ALIA.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK9.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK10.SECURESERVER.NET

Next time you get banned.

]

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 am

No advertising, people.

That's why there's a really big, shiny red Read Me at the top of the forum index in Announcements.

The Admin.