ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Australia?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UnoDosLuke_xx
Newly Registered

Moving to Australia?

Post by UnoDosLuke_xx » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:17 pm

I'll try and make this as short as possible. I'm 20 years of age, and I'm 5 months away from finishing a BTEC Level 3 full time diploma in travel and tourism at college. I live in Northern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom), and here I am asking a specific question. I guess I may add why I'm asking this here. I'm a friendless hermit. Nothing is really keeping me where I live, and I'd like to move away. Life isn't going to get better for me here, and I'd like to move. My brother's friend said that when he was my age, and doing an ICT level 3 course in BTEC, he moved away to Australia for 2 years, then Canada for a year, before returning to Northern Ireland. He claimed it really helped him 'find himself', and has recommended me to do something similar, and 'go and live life whilst you still can'.

He explained to me that the wages in Australia/Canada were quite good, and he received specific payments, but told me as things might have changed since then, to surf the internet for specific questions. So how would this all work?

I'm guessing I'd need to seek a job? How much money would I need? Visas? How do I get there? etc. Sorry. I'm just lost. Thanks.

Also, would I perhaps receive specific payments for leaving? I also posted this in the Canadian section of the forum, so sorry if this post isn't allowed. - Luke.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Moving to Australia?

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

would I perhaps receive specific payments for leaving?
What do you mean by this?? Leave from where??
I'm guessing I'd need to seek a job? Yes, have a look at the requirements for YM visas. Unlikely you would qualify for a Work Permit as you have no experience and are not highly skilled (i.e. Accountant or Engineer)
How much money would I need? See the Youth Mobility visa requirements
Visas? Youth Mobility
How do I get there? You would have to pay for your own airticket to get there (upwards of £800 and 36 hours to Australia)
Both Canada and Australia offer the Youth Mobility Visas but I am not sure if the requirements differ.

Have you considered one of the European countries? As a Irish or British citizen, you are free to work in any of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adeelishaq786

Re: Moving to Australia?

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:03 am

have you search, just wanted to know diff betweeen canada/newzland? economy/job/immigration wise