ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Australia whilst on ILR in the UK

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dinkolfy
Newly Registered

Moving to Australia whilst on ILR in the UK

Post by dinkolfy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi all,

Hope someone here would be able to guide me in the right direction...

I am on ILR in the UK with family(wife & kids) but am considering moving to Oz(Australia) to test the waters. My profession requires me to undergo a supervised Practice Audit ( mentorship) for 6 months before I can work in my profession without restrictions in Oz. Jobs in my trade are in abundance;so securing one is not an issue.

My query is which Visa category should I go for if I plan to go there on my own; leaving myfamily in UK ?

Should I go for the migration (PR in Oz) route,would it affect my UK ILR in anyway?

How long can I stay away from the UK whilst on ILR without losing it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

SamHoltz
Newly Registered

Post by SamHoltz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi,

I've only just joined the forum & saw your post, I hope I'm not posting too late.

Yes, being away can affect your leave to remain, but not if it's for less than two years. This page on the UK Border Agency site should help: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... residents/

Hope this helps!