ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

partner is a uk overstayer and we're applying for Aust pr

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katyj
Newly Registered

partner is a uk overstayer and we're applying for Aust pr

Post by katyj » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:26 am

hi, I'm hoping someone could help me. My partner is a UK over who's been leaving here since 2000. I'm currently pregnant and we're looking to relocate to Australia on w permanent residence visa. I will be the main applicant so my partner could apply as my dependent. Could anyone please tell me if this is possible and what are his chances of being granted a visa. I am of the mind that as we're applying for permanent residence visa the risk of overstaying in Australia would not apply and so should not matter. Any help would be helpful. Thanks.

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Post by whitebedspread » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 pm

@katyj....nothing is impossible.Like you said earlier,you are the main applicant,so it has nothing to do with your overstayer partner except for his details and the ielts test result that will be included.However,the PR is not attached to the passport once it is granted,it is sent to you online to be printed.
Your partner will be able to get the dependant from his country of origin,that is,he will have to get out of the UK as soon as the PR is granted so as to join you in the aussie.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:01 am

In that case I think firstly you need to apply and on getting that you can apply for your partner.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS