ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partnership based temporary work visa for NZ

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kiwilad
Newly Registered

Partnership based temporary work visa for NZ

Post by kiwilad » Fri May 29, 2015 9:11 am

Hi guys,
Newbie here

Would love some advice on this please!
Iam a New Zealand citizen and my partner is Thai. We met in Bangkok about 7 months ago and have been in a relationship for 6. We spent 2 weeks together in October, and 1 week together in December/January, I then moved to Bangkok on April the 12th and we spent a week on holiday at Koh Samed, then on April the 18th we moved in to an apartment together. Due to company regulations only 1 name is able to be on the contract, and this name has to also be on the power and water bills as well, so it proving rather difficult to prove that we are living together other than the odd letter we both receive, and the fact that we pay this out of our joint bank account.

So far for evidence we have the following........

- Joint bank account in which we both deposit money and pay rent and all bills. (Will use this as proof of address)
- Letter from apartments officer to to confirm we both live at this address and moved in on x date
- Photos with my family, his family, friends, dating back to the beginning of our relationship
- Facebook and skype logs to show we have been in constant contact when we were apart.
- Supporting letters from my family, his family, and friends
- Evidence of holidays together
- Anniversary/birthday cards to each other.
- And so far a few letters we have both received via post

Would you have any other advice on what we could do in regards to evidence?
We will be applying at the end of July (about 4 weeks before my visa in Thailand expires)
So at this time we would have been living together for 3 months..

Kind regards,
Ben