ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for Employment - 189 Skilled Independent

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wanderingwheels
Newly Registered

Points for Employment - 189 Skilled Independent

Post by wanderingwheels » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:31 am

Hi everyone,

I'm based out of India and looking to apply for the 189 Skill Independent Visa. Following is my Points assessment:

Age 23y - 25 points
Education - B.Com (2010), CA India (2011) and ACCA (2011) - 15 points
IELTS - R9, L8, W7, S7 - 10 points

At this stage, I have 50 points under my belt and need an additional 10 points to pass the Points Test.

Work Ex - This has been an enigma for me. I have been in continuous employment since 2007. I started off as part-qualified right from mid 2007 (it was paid employment and 35 hours a week) and graduated in 2010 followed by qualifying as a professional accountant in early 2011 (ACCA). So how many years of experience can I claim towards the Employment points? If considered from 2007, I score 10 points for >5 yrs of work exp which is what I require. However, if part-qualified experience cannot be considered towards the points test, I may have 0 or 5 points only.
2007-Present (10 points)
2010-Present (5 points)
2011-Present (0 points)
I'm not sure how much will be considered by DIAC. All of this experience was however in my occupation (External Audit).

Can anybody suggest based on their prior experience or knowledge as to how many points can be claimed towards Employment in such a situation? The Booklet 6 on the immigration page (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...led-employment) doesn't seem to make any clarification on part-qualified work-exp.

Another option I have is to retake the IELTS and score at least 8 on each band and then claim 20 points towards English Language ability. But this is expensive and there's no guarantee that'll I'll end up with 8 on each so I'm not very keen going this way. I'll have to reconsider if I'm left with no choice.

Further, applying under which ANZSCO code would make my application have a higher chance of selection?

Any inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks