ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: SKILLED-SPONSORED MIGRATION TO NSW

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imsocute
Newly Registered

Post by imsocute » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 am

hi,
im on my way on applying for a skilled-regional sponsored migration to NSW, wat are the important things that i have to take note for the likely success of my application.
here is my present status:
1. nominated occupation: insurance broker 40 points.
2. required ielts is 7 but as per The Department will consider applications where one of the four IELTS score results is below 7 (15 points)
3. age = 26 years old (30 points)
4. i have 4 years related experience, they only require 3 years. (5 points)

TOTAL 90 POINTS, if successful i can claim 10 points so in case TOTAL of 100 points. Just at the barier of the PASS MARK.

Can please tell me other important documents or other things that will help me to get at least the skilled-regional sponsorship? Is the application for a skilled-regional sponsorship stringent? Can you give me tips please.. Your reply is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mark

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi Imsocute,

I think there may be other factors that may give you points..

If you're married, your spouse's qualifications can give you up to 5 pts I think..

I also heard (not 100% sure, someone may know more) that if you have knowledge of a minority language (I think Filipino is considered) this might give you extra points...I don't know how to prove this language ability though, you might need to have a certificate or something from your school (not sure, just making a probable guess)...

Wizard =D