ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i mention previous travel ?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ab_cd
Newly Registered

Should i mention previous travel ?

Post by ab_cd » Tue May 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for Australian Student Visa but my situation is complicated. I want to know if I should mention my previous travel to uk or not ?

I was on student visa in UK from 2010 to 2013, I applied for an extension in December 2013 just before my visa expiry and it was refused because my visa got cancelled in May 2013 but honestly I didn't know about it and didn't receive any letter or email either.
So, I was asked to leave and I left voluntarily on my own expense within 28 days of my application refusal. I got a one year ban which is now over. My passport has arrival stamp from my country of origin but it doesn't have an exit stamp from UK.

So, after reading this what do you people think whether I should mention this travel to UK in my Australian Student Visa application or not ?

Thanks

TheMouseReturns

Re: Should i mention previous travel ?

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 pm

I suspect you will have to.

A quick look at Form 157A (application for student visa) has the following 2 questions under the Character subheading:
Have you, or any member of your family unit included in this application, ever:
  • been removed, deported or excluded from any country (including Australia)?
  • overstayed a visa in any country (including Australia)?
As it seems you both overstayed and were excluded from the UK, then the answer to those 2 questions would be yes. You will need to give details of this, so it might be an idea to consult with a MARA registered migration agent.