ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bacardi
Newly Registered

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa

Post by bacardi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:37 pm

I am applying for a skilled recognised graduate visa and am wondering how long the visa is valid for once it is approved? I know the visa allows me to stay in Australia for 18 months, but does that 18 months start as soon as my visa is approved, or does it start once I actually enter Australia? If it starts once I enter Australia, how long do I have after my visa is approved to come to Australia?

Thanks

armantaj
Newly Registered

Recognised Graduate visa - subclass 476

Post by armantaj » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 am

Hello

I have recently applied for this visa (in March 2008). Unfortunately I don't know exactly when this 18 month period starts.
But as you know since this visa type is limited to a relatively small group of people it is really hard to find some one who has applied for this visa, and so it is hard to find any experience in this regard. Anyone who reads this post and has applied or intends to apply for this visa, please send a reply and describe you cases and problems here so we can gradually build up a knowledge base about this new visa type. I start it by my own case:

- lodge date : march 2008
- application lodged ON-LINE (they claim this is faster than the paper-based lodgment)

after lodgment, I was asked to prepare a list of documents during the next 28 days. here is the list of required documents in my case :

- Birth certificate or other evidence of age
- Copy of page of passport containing personal details
- Evidence of IELTS test
- Evidence of overseas qualifications
- Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information
- Passport photo
- Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
- Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa
- Form 47P - Overseas penal clearance certificate

the above documents should be scanned and attached online via the link that they provide you

I am still preparing documents and I have not yet been assigned to a Case Officer.

Please send your statuses on this visa-type here and help us help each other :)

Thank you all,
Arman.