ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK to Aus skilled worker with UK travel document?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ciaran88
Newly Registered

UK to Aus skilled worker with UK travel document?

Post by Ciaran88 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 am

Hi there,

I am a UK doctor emigrating to Australia following a job offer and successful visa nomination. I have applied for a 457 temporary worker visa (skilled) and have included my partner in the application. She is from Zimbabwe, living in the UK with a UK travel document and indefinite leave to remain. I was not able to select this status on the Aus visa form but have written ahead to explain.

Should I expect any issues with her being included on my visa with her travel document, rather than her having a full UK passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK to Aus skilled worker with UK travel document?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:31 am

Any reason why she does not have a Zimbabwean Passport?

Does she realise that ILR is lost if she lives outside the UK for 2 years or more and will likely have to start again from scratch if she wishes to return to the UK?

Does she not plan to apply for British citizenship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ciaran88
Newly Registered

Post by Ciaran88 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:23 pm

CR001 wrote:Any reason why she does not have a Zimbabwean Passport?

Does she realise that ILR is lost if she lives outside the UK for 2 years or more and will likely have to start again from scratch if she wishes to return to the UK?

Does she not plan to apply for British citizenship?
Her Zimbabwean passport was taken by the govt at the time of her emigration and has now expired.

We are only planning to go and work in Aus for one year. She can't be out of the country for more than 3 months without losing her ability to apply for citizenship so we are planning to come back home periodically during that year.

She is planning to apply for full citizenship when she is able but this is some time after we are looking to move.

I'm just wondering if Aus will be happy to stamp her travel document with my 457 visa or if they require a full UK passport in particular.

Ciaran88
Newly Registered

Post by Ciaran88 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Anyone got any answers as opposed to just questions!?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I have tried to find an answer but haven't as yet and not sure where to look. Hopefully someone will come along and answer it.

If I do find something, I will post a reply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.