ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Detained at aiport in Melbourne - please help

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jwana

URGENT Detained at aiport in Melbourne - please help

Post by Jwana » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 am

Hi there

My friend of mine (a Kenyan national) arrived 7 hours ago at Melbourne airport for a 2 week stay. He's travelling on a short stay business visa & has paperwork with him to show he has meetings arranged in Sydney & letters of authorisation from his Nairobi office to support this.

He texted me several hours ago to say that Immigration have detained him - they've told him that his visa/paperwork is all in order but they can't release him as his contact person in Sydney cannot be reached!!

I really don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me how long he could be detained and/or if he will just be deported if they can't get in touch with this contact person? I need to get in touch with people in Kenya to let them know what's happening to him & what's likely to happen.

Thanks.

J

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:51 am

It would all depend on the outcome of their discussion with his contact person. If all is legit, there's nothing to worry about. Unless there's reasonable doubt that he's not coming to do what he's said he would, there would be no reason to keep him detained for longer than necessary.