ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice on british nationality confirmation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yada
Newly Registered

advice on british nationality confirmation application

Post by yada » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi,

I was born in the uk in 1986 and lived here untill age 5 and returned to ghana. I came back on visit 4 yrs ago and continued living here.

I want to apply for british citizenship but i need the settlement visa of my parents. I am no longer in touch with my dad but an old relative provided me with his passport contaning Indefinite leave to enter issued in 1984 with conditions that i help him bring his kids to the uk when i get the passport.

I doubt the authencity of it cos the ink stamp reads "given indefinite leave to enter the uk" The ILE has no expiry date compatred to current ILE visas. I have been advised to apply for confirmation of british nationality status( form NS t)o confirm my status

I am going to submit my uk birth certificates and my dads ILE given to me by an old relative. My fear is that if the indefinte leave to enter given is not genuine , would i b penalised for it and what willl there be any serious penalty.

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!