ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jacki121
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by jacki121 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:05 pm

hi

can your own accountant be your referee for NA form?

thanks

Ind2
Newly Registered

Post by Ind2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Yes, provided your accountant is qualified and is an active member of one of the accounting institutions like ACCA, etc.

Melina
Newly Registered

Post by Melina » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi everyone

I was granted my ILR as a spouse of British citizen, now I am applying for the naturalisation. The question is - shell I provide my payslips and bank statement?
It is not clear in the Guide.

Page 10-Section 3- Question 3.5 -- > what should I write for "Address of tax office or tax office reference"? I am working as a permanent employee and not sure about the tax office details.

Please help me.

v2rfrendz
Newly Registered

Post by v2rfrendz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of filling the AN naturalisation form and I am slightly confused about the dates for the Residence requirements.
I have been in the UK since 29th Sept 2003 and got my ILR on 2nd Sept 2014. However 5 years before , on 2nd sept 2009 i was actually out of UK on holiday and came back on 12th Sept 2009.

So I assume my minimum 5 years date/date of application should be 12th Sept 2014, instead of 2nd Sept. Can someone please advise?

Also will my first arrival date in the UK be 29th Sept 2003 or 12th Sept 2009?

Regards,

v2rfrendz

Pearlofjune
Newly Registered

Post by Pearlofjune » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:04 am

Hi
I am currently filling up the AN Form and I finding it very challenging to understand which laws apply to my application....

Spanish entered uk 2002 to marry BC husband.
No Visa, no ILR, no CSI as no relevant at the time or so I thought :?: .
UK student for 12 years with evidences.
2 UK EHC covering the whole period of time,1 Spanish National Health Card, 1 NHS card. Not acceptable by NCS-HO.

[*]When did the CSI became a requirement for students? 2011?
[*]When did I obtained automatic PR 2005? 2007?
[*]Does it make any difference if I obtained PR before CSI was a requirement?
[*]Did I ever became a PR?
[*]What should I do? Would it make any difference if I get CSI now that I am aware of it to comply with the new requirement?

Can somebody please advice? :roll:

Drae
Newly Registered

Post by Drae » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:36 am

Pearlofjune wrote:Hi
I am currently filling up the AN Form and I finding it very challenging to understand which laws apply to my application....

Spanish entered uk 2002 to marry BC husband.
No Visa, no ILR, no CSI as no relevant at the time or so I thought :?: .
UK student for 12 years with evidences.
2 UK EHC covering the whole period of time,1 Spanish National Health Card, 1 NHS card. Not acceptable by NCS-HO.

[*]When did the CSI became a requirement for students? 2011?
[*]When did I obtained automatic PR 2005? 2007?
[*]Does it make any difference if I obtained PR before CSI was a requirement?
[*]Did I ever became a PR?
[*]What should I do? Would it make any difference if I get CSI now that I am aware of it to comply with the new requirement?

Can somebody please advice? :roll:
Before somebody can answer the questions, can you clarify something? You said you entered the UK in 2002 to marry your BC husband? Are you actually married yet, if so, how long for now?

mbusman
Newly Registered

Post by mbusman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi All

I have question regarding British Citizenship application. In 2009 I went out of UK to visit my family. When I came back on 6th dec 2009 the immigration officer at the UK airport put a wrong stamp on my passport. he put 31 May 2017 date on my passport. I did not realise this until the time of my ILR. because you need to provide details of your last 5 years absences from UK. At the time of ILR, i applied it through my solicitor and i told him about this issue and he informed me that leave it like this at the moment. If they come back to us to clarify this then we will contact the air lines and get the information. But I got my ILR without any issue. Now I am preparing my application for British citizenship and i am applying through the NCS. I am told by my friends that they verify all the dates the we mention on the application. So there is a possibility that it could be an issue there. I have contacted the air line and they have provided me the copy ticket of the ticket that I used for travel. Can some please inform me will that be Ok to show at the time of NCS or should I get any other evidence to prove this.

jarn2010
Newly Registered

Post by jarn2010 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can give me an advice on my situation on filling the AN form.

I am from EEA A8 national.

I came first to UK in June 2004 working just temporary for 7 weeks. ( I didn't plan to stay here at that time ).
Next my arrival to UK was October 2004 and at that time I planned to stay in UK longer. I Registered at WRS on 01/02/2005 and stayed in UK until September 2005 ( 7months registered under WRS).
I back again a year after (September 2006) and here I am until now.

Can I please get advise on:

1.3 "Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK"
Which date counts towards my ILR?
Is it my first registration with WRS on 01/02/2005 (but I did not stay in UK for 12 months after registration)? ILR given on 01/02/2010?
or is it September 2006 where I worked without break until now? ILR given September 2011?

2.1 "Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom"
Is it my first arrival in June 2004? (I didn't plan to stay in UK)
or October 2004 where I came to UK with a view to staying on a long-term?

Many Thanks
Lukas

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 am

I have a bit of a tricky question, could not find a similar situation via forum search so here goes:

I hold Permanent Residence obtained from having been a member of EU national family, but this is no longer the case (divorce.. still on-going, but I am hoping to have finalised it soon, before the time to apply for citizenship comes).

So :

Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth
citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss
national you should read pages 9-10 of the Booklet AN.

And in those pages it asks to confirm exercising of treaty rights. What do i do?

bhavikbuzz
Newly Registered

Post by bhavikbuzz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I and my wife are planning to apply for naturalisation.
My scenario
Arrived in UK student visa- Sep 2005
Sets visa - Feb 2007
Hsmp and ext - Feb 2008 to Feb 2013
ILR - Feb 2013

My wife's scenario
Student visa - Jan 2006 - April 2010
Hsmp dependent - April 2010
ILR - Feb 2013

We got married in march 2008.
I am sure I meet the residence requirements.
My question is will student visa count towards my wife's 5 year residency requirement?

Thanks
Bhavik

EU2015
Newly Registered

Post by EU2015 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 am

Hi All,

I'm new, tried to have a look around here but still have a few questions, hope someone can help, would really appreciate it.

FYI: EU citizen applying after living here for 10 years, married but only I will apply for now.

Section 2.2:
Times I've left the UK. I fly out around 10 times a year for work, never more than a couple of days each time and almost always to EU countries. Never more than 90 days a year, the problem is I dont have recollection of 100% of the times I've left the UK this past 5 years, how accurate do I need to be?

I have my Life in the UK test on Friday an an appointment to go through application next week, how many days will it take to get an approval? it says in the Guide 6 months, is that accurate?

Many thanks, sorry for the newbie questions, look forward to being an active forum member!

ANIAKASIA
Newly Registered

Post by ANIAKASIA » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:41 am

Hello All,

Please help answering my question. From 2007 until May this year I was working full time as a employee in accounts department for Company "A", from May this year I am working for the same company "A" but as a CONTRACTOR with contracted 14 days a Month.

I have Limited Company and main income from Company "A" according to Contract between my limited Company and Company "A".

I am a Director of my Company, but as well Employee working for myself with a minimum wage.

SECTION 3 - I am confused

3.3 Name of employer or Business - Should be here my Name and My Limited Company Name or Company "A"
3.4 Address of employee or Business - Should I put here my (my limited Company ) address?
3.5 Address of tax office ... - I have the tax Ref of my Limited Company but anything has been paid yet because I become a Contractor just recently May 14 so the accounts will be done end of 2015 . What Should I put there? What Information?

Please help

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:43 am

Hello,

Can anyone help me please,
Im going to apply for naturalization at the end of this month.
I passed the life in the uk test Aug2013 & applied for my ILR in August2013 & got it in December 2013.
Do I have to do English Test or this life in the uk result is enough?

Thanks,
Arif

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 am

You have to take English test.
I am sometimes wrong.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:11 am

Thank you

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:47 am

milan69 wrote:You have to take English test.

Thanks.

What does it mean in AN form,

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"

If you have a Uk masters degree, Do i still have to get UK NARIC confirmation or this degree is enough. Which option do i have to tick in the form?

Thanks

zabizabi

Need a Help in filling form

Post by zabizabi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 am

My dear and Sweet Fellows,
How are you all, I am stuck in my application form. In form it says to mention name of ex-wife or partner. I was married in 2007 back home. In 2008 she came to Uk as my spouse. After one year we divorced through court(back home).She is not more here in uk and I remarried in 2010.Now I need your suggestion do I need to mention my ex-wife name in naturalisation application. I got my Ilr through long residency route. What documents I need to send with my application. I may use NCS service so what documents they need to check.
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.
Regards

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello everyone;

I am married to a Brit and was with him for the last 7 years until I caught him cheating while I was pregnant. Nice fella uh.

Now, I've got my ILR before we split up and I was wondering if that is breaching the law?
Can I apply for my naturalisation even if we don't live together anymore?

Would they revoke my ILR and send me home? :(

I'm very scared.

Thanks a lot
Pini

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:23 am

pinina wrote:Hello everyone;

I am married to a Brit and was with him for the last 7 years until I caught him cheating while I was pregnant. Nice fella uh.

Now, I've got my ILR before we split up and I was wondering if that is breaching the law?

I'm very scared.

Thanks a lot
Pini
If your divorce hasn't finalised, then you are still married to British citizen and you can apply as spouse. You will however need to send copy of his passport or naturalisation certificate.

If divorce has been finalised then you'll need to be on ILR for atleast 12 months and 5 years in the UK in total before you can apply.

Nothing should happen to your ILR though as you got it before you split up.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 am

Hi, Can anyone help me,

In the application form 3.5 Address of tax office or tax office reference

Is it HMRC or your emoloyer address/reference

Thanks,
Arif

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:43 am

[quote="jarn2010"]Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can give me an advice on my situation on filling the AN form.

I am from EEA A8 national.

I came first to UK in June 2004 working just temporary for 7 weeks. ( I didn't plan to stay here at that time ).
Next my arrival to UK was October 2004 and at that time I planned to stay in UK longer. I Registered at WRS on 01/02/2005 and stayed in UK until September 2005 ( 7months registered under WRS).
I back again a year after (September 2006) and here I am until now.

Can I please get advise on:

[i]1.3 "Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK" [/i]
[color=#00BF00]Which date counts towards my ILR?
Is it my first registration with WRS on 01/02/2005 (but I did not stay in UK for 12 months after registration)?[b] ILR given on 01/02/2010[/b]?
or is it September 2006 where I worked without break until now? [b]ILR given September 2011?[/b][/color]

[i]2.1 "Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom"[/i]
[color=#00BF00]Is it my first arrival in June 2004? (I didn't plan to stay in UK)
or October 2004 where I came to UK with a view to staying on a long-term?[/color]

Many Thanks
Lukas[/quote]

Hi

I do not know if anyone answered for your post. I think it should be better to speak to a lawyer but I have a feeling you do not qualify for ILR as you must have had 12 months on wrs. The wrs is a requirement to get temporary residency card then permanent one. I presume you do not have any of them. Am I right?

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:12 am

akhurshid wrote:
pinina wrote:Hello everyone;

I'm very scared.

Thanks a lot
Pini
If your divorce hasn't finalised, then you are still married to British citizen and you can apply as spouse. You will however need to send copy of his passport or naturalisation certificate.

If divorce has been finalised then you'll need to be on ILR for atleast 12 months and 5 years in the UK in total before you can apply.

Nothing should happen to your ILR though as you got it before you split up.
Thank you akhurshid, that was very helpful, the bit that worries me is when they ask for his actual address and we are at the moment not living together. Could that be an issue? Thank you a lot!

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Different address shouldn't be an issue. I think a guru has already advised you on the thread. Just be honest and explain what is happening. If you don't want to take a risk then wait until you have ILR for 12 months but who knows what the law will be at that time.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:48 pm

[quote="itsarif"]Hi, Can anyone help me,

Thanks,
Arif[/quote]

hi

I did not know that part so I left it blank. Ho did not say anything about it and got my approval

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:57 am

jaweb wrote:
itsarif wrote:Hi, Can anyone help me,

Thanks,
Arif
hi

I did not know that part so I left it blank. Ho did not say anything about it and got my approval
Thank You.