ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by MartaNK » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:28 am

Thank you tomgodcat and akhurshid for the prompt replies. Appreciated. I have another question re. Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom. I received the ILR based on 10-year residency. I recently married a British citizen and will be applying for naturalisation based on my marriage and 3 years. What do I put as date of the first arrival? Date when I entered 10 years ago? Or any date when I returned back to the UK 3 years ago?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 am

MartaNK wrote:Thank you tomgodcat and akhurshid for the prompt replies. Appreciated. I have another question re. Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom. I received the ILR based on 10-year residency. I recently married a British citizen and will be applying for naturalisation based on my marriage and 3 years. What do I put as date of the first arrival? Date when I entered 10 years ago? Or any date when I returned back to the UK 3 years ago?
It will be the date of your first arrival in the UK regardless of what visa it was on.

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello helpfull people,

All of you very helpfull and lovely people so i need you urgent help again regarding the filling AN Application form as i have NCS Appointment on Monday 19th;

1. I am an EX Family member (Divorced) of EEA national so i am confused about Section 1.3 (Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK(not necessary if you are a Common wealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom).If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages9-10 of the Booklet AN)
I am not an EEA family member and do not have ILR But Has been granted PR card last year. so what should i write in that section ?

2. Section 2.4 make me confused as well because i am not an EEA Family member anymore so should i leave it blank, and if i do then where should i give my current status detail which is PR card. should i explain this in PAGE 15 ??

I am very confused and worried about filling these sections as i have appointment on monday and do not want the turned away by NCS representative, Please Help !

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi, exactly the same status with you
According to the gurus
PR is equivalent to ILR
So use your PR status when it's says ILR
Good luck!!!

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Haadi83 wrote:Hello helpfull people,

All of you very helpfull and lovely people so i need you urgent help again regarding the filling AN Application form as i have NCS Appointment on Monday 19th;

1. I am an EX Family member (Divorced) of EEA national so i am confused about Section 1.3 (Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK(not necessary if you are a Common wealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom).If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages9-10 of the Booklet AN)
I am not an EEA family member and do not have ILR But Has been granted PR card last year. so what should i write in that section ?

2. Section 2.4 make me confused as well because i am not an EEA Family member anymore so should i leave it blank, and if i do then where should i give my current status detail which is PR card. should i explain this in PAGE 15 ??

I am very confused and worried about filling these sections as i have appointment on monday and do not want the turned away by NCS representative, Please Help !
Your current status as at the time you apply is what matters
So leave the section blank
Am an ex family member too
Now married to British
I applied today at the NCS as a spouse of BC
So good luck to you and myself!!

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:41 pm

tomgodcat wrote:
MartaNK wrote:Hello. I was wondering if there is a way of applying for naturalisation directly to the HO but sending them copies of my passport and ILR? I know NCS and solicitors can do this for me. Is there any other way? I would really like to avoid paying their fees.
No way, photocopied documents must be stamped by NCS to prove the authenticity
And Still, do not take print outs of your Tax return! I did that and now I'm shaking waiting to receive the document from the HMRC to forward to the Home Office ASAP.

Does anyones know how to send a document to support your application once you already applied?

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Your full name
Date of birth
Nationality
Date of your application with your recorded delivery tracking number is all you need to send additional document to HO
Good luck!!

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm

abBY20 wrote:Your full name
Date of birth
Nationality
Date of your application with your recorded delivery tracking number is all you need to send additional document to HO
Good luck!!
My God! Thanks a lot!! they haven't taken the money yet so I guess I still have a chance. Also I gave them my UTR number.
Fingers Crossed

Thank you Thank you!!

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you, akhurshid . Must I give them my mobile number and email address? I would really prefer to be contact by post only. Also, address of the tax tax office or tax office reference. Is it related to my current employer? or to me as an individual?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

MartaNK wrote:Thank you, akhurshid . Must I give them my mobile number and email address? I would really prefer to be contact by post only. Also, address of the tax tax office or tax office reference. Is it related to my current employer? or to me as an individual?
I am not sure if your question is meant towards HO or NCS but HO normally contacts you by post.
If you are employed, check your payslip and it'll have a employee reference number and that is what you need to put on the form.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Thank you, akhurshid . Can one get away with not putting the tax office reference? Also, re. Evidence of knowledge of language. Page 13 of the Guide AN "your original degree certificate and..... a print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English". I have a Bachelor degree from a UK uni. Do I need to provide this point-based calculator print out?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 am

MartaNK wrote:Thank you, akhurshid . Can one get away with not putting the tax office reference? Also, re. Evidence of knowledge of language. Page 13 of the Guide AN "your original degree certificate and..... a print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English". I have a Bachelor degree from a UK uni. Do I need to provide this point-based calculator print out?
Yes and yes.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:01 pm

akhurshid wrote:
MartaNK wrote:Thank you, akhurshid . Can one get away with not putting the tax office reference? Also, re. Evidence of knowledge of language. Page 13 of the Guide AN "your original degree certificate and..... a print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English". I have a Bachelor degree from a UK uni. Do I need to provide this point-based calculator print out?
Yes and yes.
Hello akhushid, can you please help the gentleman here please?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Thank you, akhurshid . I entered the UK 10 years ago. I am now applying for naturalisation as a spouse of a UK citizen. Do I need to show the proof that I entered the UK 10 years ago (my old passport is unavailable). My current passport covers the last 3 years.

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:30 am

abBY20 wrote:
Haadi83 wrote:Hello helpfull people,

Your current status as at the time you apply is what matters
So leave the section blank
Am an ex family member too
Now married to British
I applied today at the NCS as a spouse of BC
So good luck to you and myself!!
Thank for you reply abBY20 !

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:56 am

abBY20 wrote:Your full name
Date of birth
Nationality
Good luck!!
Just one last question, shall I let them know that I'm waiting for that HMRC letter so I can forward it to them? Or I just forward it when I have it (will be this sat I'm almost certain)
I just received the email from the HO letting me know that they have received my application.

Thanks very much!
P

vickylol

Post by vickylol » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Everyone

I am going to apply for Naturalisation soon on the basis of 10 years long residence + 1 year on ILR
When I got my ILR I was on Family Member of EU.

So my question is that in the FORM AN there is a part of EEA nationals exercising EC Treaty Rights.

So do I need to tick the box for FAMILY MEMBER OF EU and give my details for last 6 years on which
basis I was or do I need to ignore this part in the FORM AN.

Anyone please who can help me with it.

THANKS.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:24 pm

If you applied on 10 years basis then you no need to show whether you were exercising treaty rights or not! all you have to do, just fill up your wife's details in partner's section and you done. Other seniors will shed light on this but in your case my understanding is, you no need to show your treaty rights for naturalisation as you got your ILR on long residency basis.
Hope it helps

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi all

I have a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could respond. I am planning to go through NCS

1. How do I pay? It might sound dumb but I don't see a section to fill out my card details on the form?

2. (1.1) Home office reference number- Is this my ILR biometric number or something else? I am applying through the Tier-1 general route. Any scenario wherein I leave this blank?

3. (1.17) Residence History- Is this 5 years working backwards from the day of my intended application?

4. (2.1) Date of arrival: I arrived in 2006 as a student. Do I put that date or the date I received my Tier 1?

5. (2.2) Absences for the last 5 years: Is this working backwards from the date of intended application? (same as ILR application?)

Thank you.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:44 pm

1:Google AN Application payment slip ,print it out and fill out your card details or you can pay with a cheque
2:home office reference number should be on any home office letter sent to you
3:yes
4:date you first entered Uk and airport not date you were granted your entry visa
5:yes

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 pm

abBY20 wrote:1:Google AN Application payment slip ,print it out and fill out your card details or you can pay with a cheque
2:home office reference number should be on any home office letter sent to you
3:yes
4:date you first entered Uk and airport not date you were granted your entry visa
5:yes
In addition to question 5,your absence must not exceed 450 days in the last 5years
If you are applying jan 30/1/2015 make sure you are in UK on 30/1/2010
Hope that helps
Good luck

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks for a quick reply.
I actually was eligible in Sept but had to wait as I was away for 4 months in 2009..
Another question. Do NCS check our application and ask for docs if don't submit one? Reason I ask is one of my friend was asked to submit his license at the time of application though this is not asked for as per the doc.
I intend to submit the following
- current and old passport
- Biometric card
- LIUK
- MSc degree from UK based uni
- Letter of employment from company stating my job and duration.
Anything else I should add?

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:14 pm

your eligibility determine your documents
Though NCS will only make copies and give you back your document .But in my own case they didn't collect my payslip/P60
The lady advised me H/O can verify tax records
So I only submitted my passport ,liuk,B1 cert,marriage cert,spouse passport and that's it!
They have a list of what they will take from you depending on type of application you are making
Naturalisation is very straightforward so you don't necessarily needs too much of document

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks mate. Appreciate your inputs. Can I ask what NCS did you go through and when? Generally How long does it take to get an appointment? I intend to use one in Harrow, London. Anyone has any experience to share re. that particular NCS?

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Call your local council if they do nationality Checking service and you should get appointment straightaway depends on how soon you want it or what they have on the system
In my own case they had next day appointment and I was expecting my B1 cert so I booked 2weeks in advance
Good luck !!