ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pervins

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by Pervins » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:04 am

Hi
Please can someone help me with the information on English language qualification. I am going to apply in weeks time for Naturalisation as a British citizen on the basis of 10 years long residence + 1 year on ILR. I have a PhD degree from UK University but as I spoke to nationality checking service this morning, they said that they do not accept PhD certificate and asked me to provide an English Language certificate- either Bachelor's or Master's degree recognised by UK NARIC or B1 CEFR.
The AN form has the following options-
"........1. I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada); OR....."
I understand above options are all self-explanatory and i meet both no 1. and ii). However, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the info if you have submitted Naturalisation application with your PhD certificate or if this would be ok to submit with one.

Thank you!

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:46 am

Pervins wrote:Hi
Please can someone help me with the information on English language qualification. I am going to apply in weeks time for Naturalisation as a British citizen on the basis of 10 years long residence + 1 year on ILR. I have a PhD degree from UK University but as I spoke to nationality checking service this morning, they said that they do not accept PhD certificate and asked me to provide an English Language certificate- either Bachelor's or Master's degree recognised by UK NARIC or B1 CEFR.
"........1. I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
I understand above options are all self-explanatory and i meet both no 1. and ii). However, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the info if you have submitted Naturalisation application with your PhD certificate or if this would be ok to submit with one.

Thank you!
NCS doesn't have authority to reject your document. I would speak to them again and show them the HO KoLL document which clearly states PHD degree from UK is accepted(page 3).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 am

Another query please

For the absences section, I have filled in the DATE OF DEPARTURE FROM UK as one day prior to the day I landed at my destination as the passports don't get stamped on exit. Since the departure day isn't included in the count of days away, Will that be ok?

another thing I found strange was they don't ask for ILR REF number on the form..

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:25 am

gre.bm691 wrote:Another query please

For the absences section, I have filled in the DATE OF DEPARTURE FROM UK as one day prior to the day I landed at my destination as the passports don't get stamped on exit. Since the departure day isn't included in the count of days away, Will that be ok?

another thing I found strange was they don't ask for ILR REF number on the form..
Technically the day you leave is considered your day in the UK so should even be ok to put the day you landed in other country.
Why would they need ILR reference number when you have to send your ILR/BRP with application anyway?

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:09 am

Thanks Khurshid.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:13 pm

akhurshid wrote:
Pervins wrote:Hi

Thank you!
NCS doesn't have authority to reject your document. I would speak to them again and show them the HO KoLL document which clearly states PHD degree from UK is accepted(page 3).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
Thank you akhurshid for the link. I spoke to NCS and explained the HO KOLL doc, initially the lady was not convinced and said they were told by HO not to accept postgraduate certificate. However she called me back to confirm that she spoke to HO and was told that postgraduate certificate and PhD are not the same and HO does accept PhD certificate. so its a relief! Thank you

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Should I send my driving licence? I have used it a proof of address for LIUK. Pass notification says: Method of verification - Passport.

valentins
Newly Registered

Post by valentins » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

I am completing AN form and would like to ask for some advise on following:

1. Date of first arrival in the UK - I know it was around May 2005 but I genuinely don't remember exact date. Is there any way to find out?

2. All absences from UK over past 5 years - I've been travelling quite a lot for short trips and don't really have a record of this. Is there any way to check this?

3. I am from Latvia and when I first came in 2005 I had to register under WRS (Worker Registration Scheme). Again, is there a way to find out on what date I did it?

4. Judgements and civil penalties - had a penalty for using my mobile while driving. Is this considered a civil penalty? Do I need to mention it?

5. After the first year of being a UK resident I received a "Residence Permit for a national of a member of the EEC" (a blue photo card issued by the Home Office). Does this affect my application for naturalisation in any way?
This is how it looks: Image

Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks!

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 am

gre.bm691 wrote:Hi all

I have a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could respond. I am planning to go through NCS

1. How do I pay? It might sound dumb but I don't see a section to fill out my card details on the form?

2. (1.1) Home office reference number- Is this my ILR biometric number or something else? I am applying through the Tier-1 general route. Any scenario wherein I leave this blank?

3. (1.17) Residence History- Is this 5 years working backwards from the day of my intended application?

4. (2.1) Date of arrival: I arrived in 2006 as a student. Do I put that date or the date I received my Tier 1?

5. (2.2) Absences for the last 5 years: Is this working backwards from the date of intended application? (same as ILR application?)

Thank you.
Here is the form for your fee to AN Form.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi Gurus,

Documents to be sent?

I am applying for my British Naturalisation, I have completed 12 moths on ILR. I have filled my application and fee form with my card details and sending my passport, bio metric card, life in the UK certificate, UK degree (BSc & MSc) certificates. When it comes to section 3.1, I am a director of a company and draw salary via PAYE. Should I still say director to 3.1 and for 3.5 should I provide my NI number or tax office address (hmrc cumbernauld)?

Other question, do I need to send my salary slips if so, how many of them? (I pay myself via salary and pay PAYE)

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am

Hello everybody,
Im planning to apply for naturalisation. Im selfemployed. I hv few ques.
1. Is form AN june 2014 is the latest version.
2. In section 3, page 10, they ask for
(3.1) what is your occupation.
Shall i write selfemployed.
(3.4) Address of tax office or tax office reference.
What shall i write here. Can i leave it blank.
In guidance notes they ask to provide evidence of most recent hm revenue self assessment statement of account. Is it the latest returns.
Im in low income only in 2013/14 so don't need to pay tax and ni contributions. Be4 that i paid everything. So what is the best solution in
my case. Pls if anybody can help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:54 am

2. Yes
3. Your latest self assesment should be enough.
I am sometimes wrong.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you milan69. How can i get selfassassment. Can i use printouts. Or what if i send my case without it. Pls everybody i need your help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Thank you again milan69. Im already registered. Will it be ok if i send printouts of my returns as one of the member here advised to not take printouts and im bit hurry. Can anyone in the same situation help pls.

Sebastian92K
Newly Registered

Post by Sebastian92K » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK since January 2006 (I WAS 14 YEARS OLD, LIVING WITH PARENTS), I am a Polish national. I do NOT hold the Permanent Residence Card.

Since April 2006 I have attended a school in England;
From 2006 till 2010, it was a secondary school, from which I have obtained my GCSEs Certificates.
From 2010 till 2012, it was a college, from which I have recieved my A-Level Certificates.

The above already adds up to 6 years of residency.

In early 2013 I moved to Scotland, for the first year I have worked, and then went to college to get my Highers done.
In 2014, I finished college in Scotland, and got my Higher Certificates. I have only been working since then.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the GUIDE AN;

For Students:
1. Letter from the public or private establishment confirming that you were
enrolled on a course of study, including vocational training, throughout the
relevant 5 year period.
2. Evidence that you are covered by sickness insurance against all risks in respect

Now, my questions are;

1. Are these Certificates (THEY HAVE A DATE OBTAINED WRITTEN ON THEM) a valid form of confirmation that I was enrolled to study?
2. Do I still need to provide evidence for the insurance? (STUDYING IN SCHOOL THE HEALTHCARE IN UK IS FREE UP UNTIL YOU ARE 19, RIGHT? WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT I AM PASSED BOTH MY 5 YEAR PERIOD, AND EVEN THE 6 YEAR PERIOD?)

Thanks in advance guys!
Sebastian

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:03 am

[quote="sabidh12"]Hello everybody,
In guidance notes they ask to provide evidence of most recent hm revenue self assessment statement of account. Is it the latest returns.
Im in low income only in 2013/14 so don't need to pay tax and ni contributions. Be4 that i paid everything. So what is the best solution in
my case. Pls if anybody can help.[/quote]

Can pinina and other experienced members help. I'll be really grateful. Pls....

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:22 am

sabidh12 wrote:Hello everybody,
my case. Pls if anybody can help.
1. Form hasn't been changed since last June.
2. Occupation is what you do.
3. It will be the address for you that HMRC has. You can leave the tax reference number blank.
Last self assessment should be fine.
Not paying tax is fine as long you are not tax dodging. That is the main purpose for this information. HO will check and make sure you are paying the taxes you are supposed to.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 am

Thank you akhurshid
Im self employed and registered with hmrc. I submit my last returns online. Can i send my application withour it.
If no then how can i get it.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:59 am

sabidh12 wrote:Thank you akhurshid
Im self employed and registered with hmrc. I submit my last returns online. Can i send my application withour it.
If no then how can i get it.
I am not sure. Speak to HMRC, they must be able to send you a copy.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello everybody
I called hmrc 2day, the lady said that if i need it then it's available online. What shall i do know? Pls if anyone can help.

naeemshahzad
Newly Registered

Post by naeemshahzad » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Dear friends.
can any one please tell me where to write fixed penalty point on an form. the point incurred back in oct 2012. For a damage tyre by a police officer. Please let me know where to mention these points.
Many thanks.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:44 pm

naeemshahzad wrote:Dear friends.
can any one please tell me where to write fixed penalty point on an form. the point incurred back in oct 2012. For a damage tyre by a police officer. Please let me know where to mention these points.
Many thanks.
You don't really need to declare it but if you want to just to be safe, you can mention it on page 15. You'll also need to include copy if driver's license and counter part if you mention it.

gmaatt
Newly Registered

Post by gmaatt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi, I am hoping that you may be able to help me. My wife is a Japanese citizen who has indefinite leave to remain on the basis of marriage to me, I am a British born citizen. She is now applying for Naturalisation, however has forgotten some of the details of her family and previous marriage, for instance, her father's town of birth, not entirely sure of the years of her parents birth (the year), unable to remember full date of previous marriage (was in may 1991, for example), unable to recall previous husband date of birth (he was japanese).

Is she absolutely required to provide all of these details? There is no guidance in the accompanying booklets on this aspect.

Many thanks in advance on opinions.

Maatt

bipsan

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation for wife

Post by bipsan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi Every one..

I need an advice for applying for my wife AN for naturalisation.

At Present I had done my AN for naturalisation on Jan 2015 (Tier1 5 years Plus 1 year ILR ) and British Passport done Feb 2015

My wife had ILR since August 2014 as my dependent.

She arrived in this country as my Tier1 dependent in April 2012.

with this regards when she ll be eligible AN for naturalisation?

Expert advices please.

thanks
bipsan