ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:55 pm

JPWD wrote:Dear All,

I am due for Naturalisation in Jun 2015.

I struggled a lot to get the employer's letter last year for my ILR (Jun 2014) which was a mandatory requirement.
I am Indian citizen.

I have gone through Form AN ( Mar version) and I see only below in the doc which refers to employer's letter and that too in a "OR" condition.

My question: Do we need a concurrence /letter from employer in any form for naturalization?

"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
• Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK"

Thanks,
JP
If you have passports(s) to cover your residence period & are not a EEA national exercising treaty rights, then letters from employers are not required. On what basis are you applying for naturalisation?

JPWD
Newly Registered

Post by JPWD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 am

Yes I have the passports.

I have no absence exception or other exceptions so far.

I am an Indian citizen.

I had 5 Yrs Tier2 + 1 yr ILR

Thanks for your response.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:18 am

JPWD wrote:Yes I have the passports.

I have no absence exception or other exceptions so far.

I am an Indian citizen.

I had 5 Yrs Tier2 + 1 yr ILR

Thanks for your response.
In that case, you will not require any letters from your past employers to confirm absences (which is required when it comes to T2/WP based ILR applications).

JPWD
Newly Registered

Post by JPWD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks a ton!

If I may ask

I have been granted Visa ( Tier 2 renewal over the years) + ILR ( Jun 2014) and many times proved that I satisfy the English lang requirement.

Latest ILR : Life in the UK test + Degree taught in Eng.

The Form AN Guidance says you need UK NARIC letter but the form has below option

"I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
"

Since I was granted ILR after 28 Oct 13 , I guess I have already satisfied the requirement.

Do you think one still needs a NARIC letter?

Thanks and Regards,
JP.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:55 am

JPWD wrote:Thanks a ton!

If I may ask

I have been granted Visa ( Tier 2 renewal over the years) + ILR ( Jun 2014) and many times proved that I satisfy the English lang requirement.

Latest ILR : Life in the UK test + Degree taught in Eng.

The Form AN Guidance says you need UK NARIC letter but the form has below option

"I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
"

Since I was granted ILR after 28 Oct 13 , I guess I have already satisfied the requirement.

Do you think one still needs a NARIC letter?
As per the guidance you do not. As you say you satisfied the requirement as part of your ILR application. However if you intend to submit your application via a NCS they have been known to incorrectly ask for evidence that you meet this requirement. So you may want to take your degree certificate, PBS printout & former NARIC with you, in the event they insist that they are required.

JPWD
Newly Registered

Post by JPWD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:04 pm

THANKS !! cs95tdg

skitams
Newly Registered

Post by skitams » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Hello!

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search on the forums but couldn't find the answer.

On the first part of the application form, can someone please advise what date I should put?
1.3 Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/
remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth
citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an
EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or
Swiss national you should read pages 9-10 of the Booklet AN.

-I am a German national and moved to the UK in October 2007 so I have automatically acquired permanent residency status in October 2012 (although I don't have a PR card/certificate). Do I put October 2012 as the date to this question?

Thanks in advance :D

nash45
Mood:

Post by nash45 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 am

Hi,

I need help English language requirement . I completed my bachelor degree from India. I have checked in PBS calculator it is giving 30 points for my degree. I am planning to go through NCS. Is it ok if I take the print out with me along the degree certificate or else do I need to use UK Naric services. Please guide me through.

Thank You

vivienna
Newly Registered

Post by vivienna » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 pm

I struggled a lot to get the employer's letter last year for my ILR (Jun 2014) which was a mandatory requirement.
I am Indian citizen.

I have gone through Form AN ( Mar version) and I see only below in the doc which refers to employer's letter and that too in a "OR" condition.

My question: Do we need a concurrence /letter from employer in any form for naturalization?

"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
• Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK"

Thanks,
JP
No, JP, you do not need to submit your employer's letters if you are submitting your passport.

ias_iaj
Newly Registered

Post by ias_iaj » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 am

Dear Members,

Just a basic question - I have filled in the AN form and have submitted my application at the start of this month.
But having to think about it, there was no option for me to indicate that I am applying via 3 years - Spouse of British citizen in the AN form.

My question is how will they know that my application is by the 3 years route? Kindly help me to understand.

Thanks very much in advance,

flon
Newly Registered

Post by flon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Suzannah wrote:I called NCS today to make appointment and found out there is new form now :cry: I am trying to get my head around it now as well.

Section 1.31 - I don't have my mother's name in passport I took details from her national ID
I used her Other Names current Surname and in brackets her maiden name

Section 1.26 - I have similar situation - IELTS with 7.5 score
I've put
awarding body: CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH
title of qualification: IELTS
level of qualification: 7.5
award reference number: Test Report Form Number (although it is longer than provided space)

I don't have slightles idea if it's correct or not....

Section 7.1
I wrote OTHER NAMES SURNAME

Section 6.5 - no idea - never had BRP

I am not sure if I have helped you at all sorry, if there is anyone who know for sure and clarify I would be very grateful

thanks
thank you very much for the info. its now clear

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Dear Helpful Team,

I will be applying next week and need advise to complete the AN application form please.

1.22 I have MSC Degree from a U.K. University and received my ILR April last year, hence I believe I should only tick on “I met the knowledge…… on or after 28th October 2013” and leave the other boxes untick. Is that correct?
2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the U.K.: I came to U.K. more than 10 years ago as a student but applying for naturalization as Tier 1 (General) 5 years + 1 year ILR. What date should I put in year? Date when I first came in the U.K. or date when my original Tier 1 was approved (6 years back) or a date 5 years back from the application date?
3.1 What do I write in the occupation, the job title or something else?
3.5 What is Tax Office reference, do I have to complete it? As far as I know the local Tax Office has closed.
5: Can I use the same two person as referee who has signed last year in my child’s registration MN1 form? Is that an issue?
6.16 and 6.17: I am enclosing the BRP card, do I still have to tick and sign in column 6.16 and 6.17?
7.5: Since only I am applying (not with spouse), guess I should not tick this column.
7.7: How do I delete the 7.7?

Appreciate your kind advise please.

Thank You.

JPWD
Newly Registered

Post by JPWD » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 pm

vivienna wrote:

I am Indian citizen.

• Your passports Or

Thanks,
JP
No, JP, you do not need to submit your employer's letters if you are submitting your passport.
Thanks !!

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 pm

I called NCS to book and appointment they said you need to fill the latest form from April 2015. The latest form shows "March 2015" at the front page. Why is that?

fortunedreamz999
Newly Registered

Post by fortunedreamz999 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:47 am

hi

wat is the option to select 1 among the options in meeting English requirement.

passed life in uk in feb 2013

masters from India. medium of instruction certificate stating that the degree was in English

main question wat option need to be ticked as a part of requirements.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm

The new form has biometric pages for you to fill in. March 2015 is the correct version.
smartkhan wrote:I called NCS to book and appointment they said you need to fill the latest form from April 2015. The latest form shows "March 2015" at the front page. Why is that?

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:59 pm

I think you will need to take an English test. India is not a national of majority English speaking country. It doesn't matter if your degree is part taught in English.
fortunedreamz999 wrote:hi

wat is the option to select 1 among the options in meeting English requirement.

passed life in uk in feb 2013

masters from India. medium of instruction certificate stating that the degree was in English

main question wat option need to be ticked as a part of requirements.

sohail78
Newly Registered

Post by sohail78 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello everyone i need your advice i am filling the AN form. I came to UK in 2006 went back to my country in 2010 after one year in 2011 i came back to uk as Spouse of BC my question is what date shall i write in form which says what date i came to uk thank

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri May 01, 2015 12:39 pm

If you have been away for more than 540 days in the previous 5 days then you are not eligible to apply via form AN.

You will have to apply via a different route.
sohail78 wrote:Hello everyone i need your advice i am filling the AN form. I came to UK in 2006 went back to my country in 2010 after one year in 2011 i came back to uk as Spouse of BC my question is what date shall i write in form which says what date i came to uk thank

sohail78
Newly Registered

Post by sohail78 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:53 pm

hi ppycrmt thanks for reply i am applying as spouse of british national i got my ilr in 2013 i am eligible to apply for naturalisation my question is what date should i write in form is it 2006 when i first came to uk or 2011 when i came to uk as spouse of bc thanks
ppycrmt wrote:If you have been away for more than 540 days in the previous 5 days then you are not eligible to apply via form AN.

You will have to apply via a different route.
sohail78 wrote:Hello everyone i need your advice i am filling the AN form. I came to UK in 2006 went back to my country in 2010 after one year in 2011 i came back to uk as Spouse of BC my question is what date shall i write in form which says what date i came to uk thank

Pay

Post by Pay » Wed May 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Guys

Page 3 of application form -

1.5 is only asking for Surname , where do I put the first name ?

Thanks

harirajanv
Newly Registered

Post by harirajanv » Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 pm

1. some places where name is asked for, the form doesn't say the order of the name.
should that be Surname followed by Firstname , OR firstname followed by surname.
or for those who have middlename is that firstname, middlename, surname OR surname , middlename, firstname.
in passport , etc, the name is mentioned separately under different section of 'surname' and 'given name'
this is for reference in NA form - 1.27, 1.35, etc

2. Evidence of knowledge of Language
>> A print out from the points based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
When we got ILR , the PBS had Teir 1(General), but that is no longer visible on the PBS calculator.
how can we get it ?
even if you choose dummy values, the pdf created at the end,
doesn't list 'Evidence of knowledge of Language' on a different page. it had answers to the dummy as well along with it

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Mon May 11, 2015 9:45 am

Dear Friends

Couple of questions...

1) Came to the country on 30.09.2009. I got my ILR on 11.06.2014. Have fixed NCS appointment on 12.06.2015. Hope it is meeting 12 months residency period.

2) I got my referees signed on 08.05.2015 in the application. It is slightly more than 4 weeks ( of 12.06.2015) of my NCS appointment. is it ok?

Many Thanks
Rosdean

harirajanv
Newly Registered

Post by harirajanv » Mon May 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Pay wrote:Guys

Page 3 of application form -

1.5 is only asking for Surname , where do I put the first name ?

Thanks
i had the same doubt , then put the first name in 'other name' field just below that.

Riz2727
Newly Registered

Post by Riz2727 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:01 am

Hi all,

I just have a quick question, I will be applying by myself for naturalisation next month. However, I would like to use different corresponding address to where I have been living (due to communal post issues). In the previous application, this option was there however in AN form I do not see this unless I have not seen it well enough.

Can you kindly advise me if anyone has done this in the past or how should I go about this ?

Reagrds