ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:26 am

manis wrote:Hi Everyone. Filling Out Citizenship Application For My Wife. Help Needed Urgently.
Have Appointment With NCS On 18/08/2015.

Question 1. Page 5. (Address for last 5 years. did i have to write my current address as well in this page.)

If your wife is applying under 3 year rule them only 3 years previous addresses required according to NCS. Yes write your current address in from the date you moved in and the end date box just underneath it, write Present so for example it would be from 15/8/2014-present , if I'm making sense although on the form at the beginning , where you fill your address in it asks when you moved there but we just filled in current address anyway! just in case!

Question 2. Page 8. ( Passed B1.1 CEFR - Trinity College London -when applied for ILR. What Should i Write in Title of Qualification - is that B1.1 OF THE CEFR. And Level of Qualification Is That GRADE 5. And where is Award Reference Number written on Certificate.)

Question 3. Page 25 ( BIOMETRIC ENROLMENT- If i am enclosing biometric card issued- first time with ILR application - Did i have to fill question 6.12. if yes then did i have to provide the details finger prints taken on (Entry Clarence Application) first application Abroad or they are asking for the recent application made in uk for ilr.

my husband has his done in July 2014 for his ILRso he just liked it he done it at (at that time ) UKBA Sheffield PEO
and no mention of his biometrics being done for entry clearance.ncs was ok with that.

please everyone if you can help me out with this, as i have only 2 days left for appointment.
many thanks

manis
Newly Registered

Post by manis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks For Quick Reply.
Please if any one can answer My question No2. Regarding English Qualification.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 pm

manis wrote:Thanks For Quick Reply.
Please if any one can answer My question No2. Regarding English Qualification.

what does it actually say on the certificate?

graded exam of spoken English or different?

manis
Newly Registered

Post by manis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:07 pm

It says:-

Trinity College London

Is awarded
GRADE 5

GRADED EXAMINATION IN SPOKEN ENGLISH
ENTRY LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN ESOL INTERNATIONAL
(SPEAKING AND LISTNING) (Entry 3)
B1.1 Of the CEFR
With Merit

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:54 pm

manis wrote:It says:-

Trinity College London

Is awarded
GRADE 5

GRADED EXAMINATION IN SPOKEN ENGLISH
ENTRY LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN ESOL INTERNATIONAL
(SPEAKING AND LISTNING) (Entry 3)
B1.1 Of the CEFR
With Merit

ok so put GESE in International ESOL for title

award is Grade 5/Entry 3

is there any numbers on the certificate starting QAN/ or similar

manis
Newly Registered

Post by manis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for reply
Yes there is at bottom of the certificate
3 different .1st with alphabet and digits
2nd and 3rd Digits only. And Approx12 or 13 numbers

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 am

I believe the one that starts with 3 letters followed by / and then numbers is the one.
Thats the one that NCS put in for my husbands application.

manis
Newly Registered

Post by manis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks a lot For Your Help.

Romily
Newly Registered

Post by Romily » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm in the process of submitting the AN form - am a EU citizen, in the country for 12 years, with a residency permit, so all was pretty straight forward.

One question remains:

Under supporting documents Section 3 it says: Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years before the date of application, required for applications made on the basis of residence, required for all applicants:

Your passport OR
Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government departments

Section 4 for EU nationals asks for my passport or ID card to prove identity.

Now, looking at section 3 – my passport would not prove my residence as it has no stamp of my arrival, or no ILR stamp (I will of course supply my residence permit but that’s not part of the passport). I also need my passport to travel which is why I used my ID card for the Life in the UK test and the application.

Will it be ok to just add a letter of my employer, stating 9 years of uninterrupted employment in which I was a resident in the UK, plus my residence permit and my ID card?

Thanks for your advise!

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:08 am

robbiesingh wrote:Hiya, I am filling Form AN and stuck at section 3.1 Have you ben convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country? and 3.2 Criminal Conviction.

I was issued a PCN in June/2014 which got cancelled on appeal.
I also received a PCN last year for speeding on M1 but I agreed to do a speed awareness course and didnt receive any points.

I searched a lot but couldnt figure out if its criminal offense and if i should mention them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I am in a similar situation. Speed awareness course in July 2014 for doing 35mph in a 30mph zone and a seatbelt ticket back in Feb 2013. These are not convictions, no? So they do not belong in Section 3. I am planning to declare the seatbelt in the field "Other Info", though. During the speed awareness course they said we should not declare the speeding ticket.

afauk
Newly Registered

Post by afauk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi, I've a question on referees:

1) I've a referee who is a Director of a Ltd company. He's a family friend. The other referee is my friend who has known me since my childhood and working as head of IT in a company. My question is can these folks be my referees since one is my family friend and the other is my friend.

Your response would be appreciated.

elsa
Newly Registered

English test requirment

Post by elsa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:21 am

Hello ALL,
I am about to apply for British Citizenship,I have ILR(Sep'11) my hub and daughter have British Citizenship, they obtained it in Feb '13. I have B.E and M.B.A qualification. I tried the point base calculator but not very helpful as I entered this country as HSMP Dependent, hence I was not sure of opting the choice like valid sponsor and related choices as it seems to be designed for the main applicant.

I also realised I can provide my certificates as a proof of my knowledge in English. Do I need to provide all my certificates or just my Post graduation will do? Kindly do the needful. [Taking my Life in UK Test on 12th Sep.]Thank You.
Regards,
Elsa.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 am

Dear Expert Adviser,

I have a question regarding Referees for my wife's upcoming AN application. The one referee who must be professional standing, can we use wife's employer Personnel Manager or Direct Manager (she works for a supermarket chain)? I noticed one of the option is "Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)" in the HO list, however not sure whether employers Manager / Personnel Manager would be acceptable?

Appreciate your kind advise.

Thanks & Regards

RS

lulucano
Newly Registered

Post by lulucano » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm

hi Evryone ,

Would much appreciate if some one can help .
basically I just passed my like in the UK test and I want to know whats the next stage or the document required to apply for naturalization ( B-passport ) .
so far I only know about the for AN that I need to fill up but not sure about the other document .

many thanks in advance
Lulu

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:56 pm

Dear All
I am planing to apply for citizenship I am self employed passed IELTS nov 2013 what documents will I be sending with application.
Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 am

rajvet wrote:Dear All
I am planing to apply for citizenship I am self employed passed IELTS nov 2013 what documents will I be sending with application.
Thanks
You should apply before 5th November as after that, you IELTS will no longer be accepted by HO.

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:
rajvet wrote:Dear All
Thanks
You should apply before 5th November as after that, you IELTS will no longer be accepted by HO.
Thanks very much for your reply what else documents I will be needing thanks again

Seebi
Newly Registered

Post by Seebi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Done some research found the following

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

If your qualification expires
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years.

If you’re applying for citizenship and took the test before 6 April 2015, your qualification will still be accepted even after it’s expired.

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register
You need to confirm your qualification with either a certificate or by checking that your results can be viewed online.
--
what do you think?

st helena
Newly Registered

Post by st helena » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:26 pm

I have the same issue , my IELTS expired in July 2015 and I used this Ielts to get my ILR , is it still acceptable for my naturalisation application ? if yes is it true that it's just accepted till 5th Nov 2015 ? I took mt Ielts test in the UK ...

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:59 am

Seebi wrote:Done some research found the following

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

If your qualification expires
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years.

If you’re applying for citizenship and took the test before 6 April 2015, your qualification will still be accepted even after it’s expired.

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register
You need to confirm your qualification with either a certificate or by checking that your results can be viewed online.
--
what do you think?
It clearly says that previously used IELTS will be acceptable PLEASE can any one experienced explain this
Thanks very much

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi All
I will be applying for An1 after 20th of Nov I had done IELTS which expired in oct 2015 but I used it for my ILR I am self employed Can someone please advice me which documents I will be sending with the application
Thanks

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi all,

I have few questions on AN Form completion, I hope someone can provide the answers to these please. (Apologies if I have missed any existing information on these elsewhere on the forum)

Thank you in advance.

Questions in AN Form:

1.22 - Knowledge of language and life

I received the ILR in OCT 2014, should I select the below as my answer to this question?

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;"

1.50 - Employment history in UK during past 10 years

I arrived in UK 10/2004 but completed my studies first and then started working full time on work permits. During studies, of course I did some part time jobs and cannot remember all the details for those really, so my questions are:

a. What details do I need to provide here now? Especially when I have gone through the process of successful ILR last year?

b. Do I need to request something from HMRC (like a statement) and provide that with the AN Application?

2.1 - Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom (see page 8 of the Guide):

I arrived in UK 10/2004 but completed my studies first and then started working full time on work permits from Feb 2009 onwards. ILR IN 10/2014, so my question is:

What date should I fill in this section as date of first arrival? 10/2004 or 02/2009 ?

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:54 am

st helena wrote:I have the same issue , my IELTS expired in July 2015 and I used this Ielts to get my ILR , is it still acceptable for my naturalisation application ? if yes is it true that it's just accepted till 5th Nov 2015 ? I took mt Ielts test in the UK ...
Hi st Helena
Have you got the answer , I called a lawyer yesterday and he said my IELTS is acceptable by home office . can any body help please
Thanks

dewang81
Newly Registered
India

Post by dewang81 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi guys,

I need your help filling the new AN form specifically point 1.53 regarding 10 year work experience.
My situation is -
1. I came to UK on student visa on September 2006
2. Passed my post-graduation on September 2007 with distinction
3. successfully granted "The Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme" visa for 2 years in December 2007
4. started full-time permanent jobs from April 2008 to June 2011, July 2011 to September 2013 and from September 2013 to till date
5. successfully granted "HSMP: General Tier 1" visa in July 2009
6. successfully granted "HSMP: General Tier 1" extension visa in July 2012
7. successfully granted ILR in June 2014

The issue is that during my student visa I used to work in stores and during December 2006 period I worked on two part-time jobs. I believe that I might have worked more than the allowed work hours per week during certain times of the student visa especially during bank holidays or term breaks or dissertation.

Is there a way HMRC can find out about this and refuse the citizenship with ban for 10years? Should I wait till April 2018 in order to apply for citizenship?
Any help or advice is welcome.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 pm

dewang81 wrote:Hi guys,

I need your help filling the new AN form specifically point 1.53 regarding 10 year work experience.
My situation is -
1. I came to UK on student visa on September 2006
2. Passed my post-graduation on September 2007 with distinction
3. successfully granted "The Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme" visa for 2 years in December 2007
4. started full-time permanent jobs from April 2008 to June 2011, July 2011 to September 2013 and from September 2013 to till date
5. successfully granted "HSMP: General Tier 1" visa in July 2009
6. successfully granted "HSMP: General Tier 1" extension visa in July 2012
7. successfully granted ILR in June 2014

The issue is that during my student visa I used to work in stores and during December 2006 period I worked on two part-time jobs. I believe that I might have worked more than the allowed work hours per week during certain times of the student visa especially during bank holidays or term breaks or dissertation.

Is there a way HMRC can find out about this and refuse the citizenship with ban for 10years? Should I wait till April 2018 in order to apply for citizenship?
Any help or advice is welcome.
HMRC don't process citizenship applications :shock:

HMRC already has a full history of your employment in the UK which HOME OFFICE will check as part of the new tougher good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.