ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smir
Member of Standing
India

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by smir » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:06 pm

I am filing naturalisation this month

I got ILR on 10 year basis

Do I need to provide address proof for 10 years or five years only ?

I have UK MBA

do I need UK NARIC confirmation for that ?

I am using NCS for application

Do I need to submit original passport and ILR card ? As I want to travel after submission of application

And lastly I heard we can apply passport too with it, so do I need to take signature of referees in the passport forms !

Please guide

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:17 am

smir wrote:I am filing naturalisation this month

Do I need to provide address proof for 10 years or five years only ? The form does not ask for address 'proof', it merely asks you to list your addresses for the last 5 years.

I have UK MBA

do I need UK NARIC confirmation for that ? UK degree should be sufficient.

Do I need to submit original passport and ILR card ? As I want to travel after submission of application NCS will copy your documents and return the originals to you.

And lastly I heard we can apply passport too with it, so do I need to take signature of referees in the passport forms !

Please guide
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:07 am

Lastly do I need to provide p60 for each year working ?

As guidelines says proof of work covering you 10 years which can be p60 salary slips or letter from employer

But again I was student some time I worked some time I didn't
CR001 wrote:

Do I need to provide address proof for 10 years or five years only ? The form does not ask for address 'proof', it merely asks you to list your addresses for the last 5 years.

I have UK MBA

Do I need to submit original passport and ILR card ? As I want to travel after submission of application NCS will copy your documents and return the originals to you.

Please guide

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:42 pm

smir wrote:Lastly do I need to provide p60 for each year working ?

As guidelines says proof of work covering you 10 years which can be p60 salary slips or letter from employer

CR001 wrote:

I have UK MBA

Please guide
It is 10 years employment IF you have 10 years employment. Not everyone applying has been in the UK for 10 years. Write what you have done and write 'student' in the blanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot again :D
CR001 wrote:
smir wrote:Lastly do I need to provide p60 for each year working ?

CR001 wrote:[quote="smir"m filing naturalisation this month

I have UK MBA

Please guide
It is 10 years employment IF you have 10 years employment. Not everyone applying has been in the UK for 10 years. Write what you have done and write 'student' in the blanks.[/quote]

Achilles11
Newly Registered

Post by Achilles11 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:03 pm

HI,i need some advice on my naturalisation application . actually I came to uk in 2004 on student visa.i had 3 student visa extensions until 2011 when I had my masters from university of wales.in 2011 I was granted psw work visa which expired in march 2013.then I applied for entrepreneur visa which was refused because of the bank letter of third party. I went in appeal on first tribunal and my hearing date was around 8 months later but I got refused in first tribunal. then I appealed in upper tribunal and then withdraw my application because I had my 10 years completed.in November 2014 I applied for indefinite leave top remain which was granted in march 2015.

its been more than 1 year and 7 months since I have indefinite leave to remain. I didn't spent more than 150 days out from uk in all 10 years and was never out of the country for more than 2 weeks.i have clean record and never had any issues with anyone. I spoke to a lawyer and he said I can apply anytime.
seeing my circumstances is it safe to apply for notarization . I do not want to waste any money. please reply with advice, thank you

Achilles11
Newly Registered

Post by Achilles11 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 am

please put some light on my above post. thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:59 am

Achilles11 wrote:please put some light on my above post. thank you
I am unable for some reason to move your post to its own topic on the forum where you will get more response that you will in this topic which is about completing the form NOT general questions.

If you post again under your own topic you should get advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Monty700
Newly Registered

Post by Monty700 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:53 am

Hi there,
I have filled my AN form, but still not sure about certain sections, could anyone please help?

1. 1 - I left it blank; is this correct?
1. 3 - I believe this needs to be completed during my NCS appointment, after the agent make a phone call to the HO, am I right?
1. 15 / 1. 17 - Addresses. I moved quite a lot and I am perfectly capable of providing the history of my addresses for 5 years back, but how accurate these dates need to be? I have experian account and can match it, but sometimes I kept my bank account at one address and my phone bill on another. Do they compare it with my bank registered addresses?
1. 22 - Life in The UK, which one is the test number? Is it the 'Test Instance ID'?
- IELTS, which one is the SELT unique electronic reference number? Is it the 'UKVI Number' or 'Test Report Form Number'?
1. 45 - Occupation. I am full time employed, but through the agency. Is it enough, if I state 'full time employed', or do I nee to be specific?
1. 47 - Name of employer or business. Do I put my agency's name or the company I do work for? It is a highly respected and recognised company in the UK.
1. 49 - Where can I find the 'address of tax office or tax office reference'?
1. 50 - Employment history. I have lived here since 2010, had WRS and worked nearly all that time. However, I visited UK in 2007 and received my NIN then, but I only worked for 5 weeks, before I turned 18 and never had any WRS covering that. I didn't include that job on my PR application (90% sure, but now it got me wondering), as I only focused on the period of time, since I moved here permanently in 2010.
2. 4 - Which one is my PR card number? There is a number that starts with an 'e', followed by seven numbers - E 1234567. Is it the one?
3. 2 - I received 1 parking ticket - in which section exactly does this information go?

Many thanks in advance, have a good day.
M.

atrang

Post by atrang » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 am

Hi All,

I wanted to know if an online filled AN form is acceptable for the naturalisation application.

Has anyone done this before and had any issues?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

atrang

Post by atrang » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 am

Hi there,

Can anyone please help me with the query mentioned above?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:16 am

I remember a previous post about filling in the form with a specific Adobe application - the form itself is not an online version.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:30 am

There is no online application for naturalisation, but a machine-filled AN form is fine.

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi

my appointment is next with NCS and i am looking on the guidance where its says that we need to submit P60 for last 10 years employment history

please advise as i am missing 2 P60

thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 am

hapoo wrote:Hi

my appointment is next with NCS and i am looking on the guidance where its says that we need to submit P60 for last 10 years employment history

thanks

Please check AN form filling guidance notes

londonJP
Newly Registered

Post by londonJP » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help on the following part of form AN:

1.16 - Present address and date from. The date when I signed the contract for the current house (18 Jan 2015) and the actual date when I moved in are different. So, when I filled the application form for ILR last year, I put the an approximate date of when I moved in - it was a Saturday. However, now I cannot remember what date I put down on last year's form (21 Feb 2015 or 28 Feb 2015). Whichever of the two I put down for the AN form, if there is a discrepancy would that be a problem?

Would they even check my ILR application form from last year?

Sadly I do not have a copy of my ILR application.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:22 pm

londonJP wrote:Hi Everyone,

1.16 - Present address and date from. The date when I signed the contract for the current house (18 Jan 2015) and the actual date when I moved in are different. So, when I filled the application form for ILR last year, I put the an approximate date of when I moved in - it was a Saturday. However, now I cannot remember what date I put down on last year's form (21 Feb 2015 or 28 Feb 2015). Whichever of the two I put down for the AN form, if there is a discrepancy would that be a problem?

Thank you.
Month and year should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:35 pm

smir wrote:
hapoo wrote:Hi

thanks

Please check AN form filling guidance notes
yes, checked and it says

1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made
for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this
claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a
letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start
and finish date.
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a
Self Assessment Statement of Account.

Sem
Newly Registered

Post by Sem » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello
Please I need advice , I am unemployed and on benefits and I am going to apply for naturalisation but I have traveled abroad for 8 days and I didn't know that I must tell benefit office about my travel , will this affect my naturalisation application
Thank you

Sem
Newly Registered

Post by Sem » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Hello
Please I need advice , I am unemployed and on benefits and I am going to apply for naturalisation but I have traveled abroad for 8 days and I didn't know that I must tell benefit office about my travel as I am in income support and claiming DLA for my autistic son , will this affect my naturalisation application
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Sem wrote:Hello
Please I need advice , I am unemployed and on benefits and I am going to apply for naturalisation but I have traveled abroad for 8 days and I didn't know that I must tell benefit office about my travel as I am in income support and claiming DLA for my autistic son , will this affect my naturalisation application
Thank you
Days out of country are used to validate residency requirements.
If you have been taken to court for not complying with benefit regulations you will have to declare this under the good character section. Claiming benefits as such is not a barrier to naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Sem
Newly Registered

Post by Sem » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sem wrote:Hello
Thank you
Days out of country are used to validate residency requirements.
If you have been taken to court for not complying with benefit regulations you will have to declare this under the good character section. Claiming benefits as such is not a barrier to naturalisation.
Thank you for the response
Please I what should I put in employment history which I was working on 2011 for couple of weeks and I don't remember the exact starting and resigned dates, as I lost my payslip and my employers didn't gave it as tomorrow is my NCS appointment
Second my both parents died which my mom died when I was 3 yrs old and my dad passed 2003 so both I don't know their date of birth

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Sem wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Sem wrote:Please I what should I put in employment history which I was working on 2011 for couple of weeks and I don't remember the exact starting and resigned dates, as I lost my payslip and my employers didn't gave it as tomorrow is my NCS appointment
Second my both parents died which my mom died when I was 3 yrs old and my dad passed 2003 so both I don't know their date of birth
For employment history I suggest you put in approximately Month/Year start and finish, and any details you remember, and explain.
For your parents birth dates can't you contact relatives, brothers, sisters? Then the only option is to state you don't have the dates and again explain. Parents' details are asked for in case they were British themselves ....

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:06 am

Hello,

Maybe someone might be able to shed a light on a mystery that I have not yet solved. It might be too late for me as I have already handed in my neutralisation application via NCS, but it might be useful for other EEA nationals who have to fill in the application form.

In the application form it states under 1.3:
1.3 Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet
AN.
Reading page 10 Booklet AN it states:
This section covers you if the country to which you belong is part of the European Economic
Area or Switzerland. If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006. You should apply for a permanent residence card to prove that you hold that status before applying for citizenship. But remember that, unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for
naturalisation. This means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United Kingdom for 6 years before you can apply. When you apply for a permanent residence document the evidence that you supply for your EEA(PR) application must be for a 5 year period that ended at least a year before you want to apply for citizenship.
First I assumed that the date asked for under 1.3 is the date when the PRC was issued, however this date is required at 2.4 of the application form. Then I assumed being an EEA national, the date must be five years after I entered the country and started exercising my treaty rights, as this is when EEA nationals automatically get indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

During my NCS appointment I asked which date was the correct one to put into 1.3. and lo and behold, the registrar did not know and I was told to put down the date 5 years after I had started exercising my treaty rights. I came here in 2006, so 2011 should be fine as you're far over the required 3 years for someone who is married to a British citizen (quote). Whether or not this was correct, I can't say.

Could anyone shed some light on this date issue, please?

Kind regards,
MrsT

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:34 am

CR001 wrote:
londonJP wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Month and year should be fine.
I have a similar query. What is best just month and year or an approximate day as well? Surely, this would not be grounds for refusal or complication - I hope. Would that be OK?