ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for British Passport.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stha

Application for British Passport.

Post by stha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Dear Members,

I have a query , My application for naturalization has been successful and will be attending citizenship ceremony later this month.I'm planning to travel to India in June/July. As there not enough time left to get the british passport and then to apply for Indian visa. i'm thinking of traveling to India on my existing indian Passport and will apply for british Passport after I come back from india and will surrender my Indian passport. Is it ok to do so. Please advice.

newbie_t

Re: Application for British Passport.

Post by newbie_t » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:03 pm

"There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel."

Hence you can use Indian passport if your travel dates fall within that 3 month period, otherwise you can't.

arindam02

Post by arindam02 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:04 am

stha wrote:Dear Members,

I have a query , My application for naturalization has been successful and will be attending citizenship ceremony later this month.I'm planning to travel to India in June/July. As there not enough time left to get the british passport and then to apply for Indian visa. i'm thinking of traveling to India on my existing indian Passport and will apply for british Passport after I come back from india and will surrender my Indian passport. Is it ok to do so. Please advice.
Hi stha, how long did your application for naturalisation take

stha

Post by stha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:41 pm

APROX 6 WEEKS

stha

Post by stha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 pm

From based on what newb_t has stated in pervious post.
How about if i postpone my ctizenship cermony by another 4 weeks.? This will give me enough time to travel to india and come back using existing indian passport and then apply for british passport.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

stha