ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying British passport without original passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wptotier177
Newly Registered

Applying British passport without original passport

Post by wptotier177 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Hello, I applied for my naturalisation and the application was successful. However, UKBA did not send my original Indian passport back with the success notification letter. When I called UKBA, the agent said that they always send everything together and he put a note against my file to trace my passport.

After going through the forum, I am doubtful if I will ever get my passport back. I realise that I will need the passport i used for entering the country while applying for my British passport. Has anyone experienced anything like this before and is there any alternative available for getting my british passport?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

If you do not receive your passport back within the next few days / weeks, arrange for a letter from UKBA to certify that the passport was indeed posted by them.

On the basis of that letter, file a police report for loss of passport (in transit). Check at police station if you do can so without the UKBA letter, and if they say that you can, then skip the letter and file the report directly.

When submitting application for passport, submit the police report that you are unable to provide a passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 am

hello,im applyin for a new BC passport,i was wondering if i have to send my old passport which was the passport i entered the country wiv as its has expired and i have a new one now...my question is do i have to send both the expired and the new passport???and also i am aware that the fee for a new passport is 77.50 how ever if i want my docuemet sent back via a secure delievery how much extral wuld i have to pay???...thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 am

I would send both passports just in case.
It's £3 extra for secure delivery.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Jambo wrote:I would send both passports just in case.
It's £3 extra for secure delivery.
ok mate thanks..