ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for AN and current passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

developer101

English requirements for AN

Post by developer101 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:13 am

I am glad to say that I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation after 30th June. Few questions that I have in my mind now after looking at AN form, that are:

1. Regarding English Requirements, I had taken Academic IELTS back in 2009 in the British council back home as part of my first Tier 1 General application. Will that work? The score was 6.5. However, on the form it says ielts SERT consortium , what the hell is that?

2. I have a plan to move house, I am thinking to do that after sending application, will I be able to send HO new address later on or I am best off not move anywhere?

3. Regarding referee requirement , one referee has to have a professional standing; does that mean he or she should have any profession like IT?

4. Finally how to play for the application as I do not see payment fields on the form.

Thanks

WR1

Re: English requirements for AN

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:18 pm

developer101 wrote:I am glad to say that I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation after 30th June. Few questions that I have in my mind now after looking at AN form, that are:

1. Regarding English Requirements, I had taken Academic IELTS back in 2009 in the British council back home as part of my first Tier 1 General application. Will that work? The score was 6.5. However, on the form it says ielts SERT consortium , what the hell is that?

Unless the English test was used for ILR applied after 28 October 2013, you will need to take another test. The English requirements changed on 6 April 2015 and only those stated on the current list will be accepted.

2. I have a plan to move house, I am thinking to do that after sending application, will I be able to send HO new address later on or I am best off not move anywhere?

IMO, probably best to wait until you move to your new address until you apply.

3. Regarding referee requirement , one referee has to have a professional standing; does that mean he or she should have any profession like IT?

Have you read both Guide AN and Booklet AN. Full details of referee's can be found in there. Do read these as they provide info on who can and cannot act as a referee. Professionals that qualify can be found here.

4. Finally how to play for the application as I do not see payment fields on the form.

Again, the accompanying Guide AN and Booklet AN has the details for payment and a link of the website where you can download the payment form

Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

developer101

Post by developer101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks WR1 for your well answered reply.

Again regarding the IELTS requirement, when I had applied for ILR a year back I had used my IELTS results from the year 2009. Would that still work when applying for naturalisation or do I need to retake it?

Thanks, Imran

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:00 pm

your question was already answered by WR1. As you have mentioned, you used your ILTS certificate for your ILR application, So if your ILR was approved after 28th Oct 2013 then you can use the same for english language requirement.

Regards,
suresh

developer101

Post by developer101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the reply. Its clear that I can use the same IELTS results but what do I fill in question 1.23 on naturalisation form (link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf)

The question says tick to confim which body awarded your test:

1) ielts SELT consortium - 2) trinity college london

then Provide the SELT unique number:

Which box do I tick and what is SELT unique number?

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:44 pm

All you need to tick is the option that states:
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Thats it. Leave question 1.23 blank. It is only for those who are using the current English test taken after 6 April 2015 as SELT unique numbers was only intorducted after that date, so you won't have one.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:45 pm

It's a kind of English test, if you will :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:56 pm

WR1 wrote:All you need to tick is the option that states:
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Thats it. Leave question 1.23 blank. It is only for those who are using the current English test taken after 6 April 2015 as SELT unique numbers was only intorducted after that date, so you won't have one.
Thanks I appreciate your help. :) I am an idiot not seeing that :)

developer101

Naturalisation and good character

Post by developer101 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:47 am

In the past years in the UK, I had only one road offence which was a parking ticket which I had paid it on same day, other than that I had few council tax and bill payment reminders - which again I paid as soon as I got the reminders. Regarding parking ticket, I know I need to disclose it on the form but bill payment reminders I do not need to disclose right and I do not see anywhere on the form to disclose them anyway.

developer101

Re: Naturalisation and good character

Post by developer101 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:12 am

Sorry my question is - I do not need to worry about the bill reminders right?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:15 am

developer101 wrote:Sorry my question is - I do not need to worry about the bill reminders right?
No, you don't.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks

developer101

Post by developer101 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:52 pm

This is total coincidence - I had three PCN (penalty charge notices) for being on bus lanes this month. I have always been very very careful driver , only recently I had started to travel more and all occasions I was in the city center where it is difficult to know when you are on bus and taxi only roads.

Will this have an effect on my naturalisation which I have yet to apply? I have paid all 3 PCNs straight away.

Please help. Thanks.

developer101

3 PCNs and naturalisation?

Post by developer101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:24 am

This is total coincidence - I had three PCN (penalty charge notices) for being on bus lanes this month. I have always been very very careful driver , only recently I had started to travel more and all occasions I was in the city center where it is difficult to know when you are on bus and taxi only roads.

Will this have an effect on my naturalisation which I have yet to apply? I have paid all 3 PCNs straight away.

Please help. Thanks.

developer101

Re: 3 PCNs and naturalisation?

Post by developer101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Can anyone please help me with above? Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:23 pm

On the face of it I think these have to be declared, as they were picked up in quick succession very recently. No idea what impact it would have on the outcome of your application, but probably better to declare now the being reminded of them by the HO.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks but still not clear.

First of all I do not understand the difference between FPN and PCN.
I am in a crazy situation basically in 5-6 years being in UK only in last 2 months I had picked up 4 PCNs.
1st one I got where I had paid for parking for couple of hours but parking went a bit overtime and that was bit unlucky there. Then this month I got charged with 3 PCNs related to bus/taxi roads.

First 2 I got when I was visiting Wolverhampton and I was looking for a hotel in rush hour in the city centre. By mistake twice I drove on bus/taxi only road, basically I was following SAT NAV. It was not the case of where I deliberately drove on a bus lane to beat the traffic , if you know what I mean.

The 3rd one was in Manchester city centre and exactly same scenario had happened as above. I was following SAT NAV and turned on the wrong road where only buses and taxis were allowed.

I had paid all PCNs straight away.

Please give me an advise what I should be doing with my AN application.

Thanks.

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:44 am

Provided these are just PCN's issued by councils - my advise would be to not declare them. I am no expert or qualified to provide advise but i am just stating what I did based on info from this forum

I too had quite a few parkign tickets (around 3 or 4) in the year leading up to my application. I didnt declare any. My application is being processed so you may wish to wait and ill update you.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:17 am

devenpunjabi999 wrote:Provided these are just PCN's issued by councils - my advise would be to not declare them. I am no expert or qualified to provide advise but i am just stating what I did based on info from this forum

I too had quite a few parkign tickets (around 3 or 4) in the year leading up to my application. I didnt declare any. My application is being processed so you may wish to wait and ill update you.

Thanks it will be great and yes all of these PCNs were issued from council.

tan84
Newly Registered

Post by tan84 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:52 am

Hello there, no need to declare these penalty charges. It is not a criminal offence. Fixed penalty charge notices are different though (as they are attached to your name for certain period of time), which falls under Road Traffic Act and and and has an impact on good character requirement. You have not fallen foul of law by receiving PCN. Hope this helps.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:26 am

tan84 wrote:Hello there, no need to declare these penalty charges. It is not a criminal offence. Fixed penalty charge notices are different though (as they are attached to your name for certain period of time), which falls under Road Traffic Act and and and has an impact on good character requirement. You have not fallen foul of law by receiving PCN. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this , you are a life saver :) It must not be a criminal offence as I can not even think of committing a felony.

developer101

Applying for AN and current passport

Post by developer101 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello all

I am gonna apply for Naturalization soon , my concern is my current passport which will be expired in January 2017.
Do I need to renew the passport first and then send the application? Can I not send the photocopy of the passport or do I need to send to Home office the original copy?

Some one had told me that I can send photocopy documents through check and send service. Is that service acceptable by HO?

Please guide me.

Imran

noajthan

Re: Applying for AN and current passport

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:52 pm

developer101 wrote:Hello all

I am gonna apply for Naturalization soon , my concern is my current passport which will be expired in January 2017.
Do I need to renew the passport first and then send the application? Can I not send the photocopy of the passport or do I need to send to Home office the original copy?

Some one had told me that I can send photocopy documents through check and send service. Is that service acceptable by HO?

Please guide me.

Imran
Apply via NCS not 'check and send' - and no photocopies.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

developer101

Post by developer101 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks, what about my current passport which gonna be expired in 2 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:44 pm

developer101 wrote:Thanks, what about my current passport which gonna be expired in 2 months?
It needs to be valid when you apply. There is no requirement that is must be valid for X number of months/years.

Apply via NCS as noajthan has advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.