ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC with Traffic offence CU80

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

email4contact
Newly Registered

CU80 - FPN with 3 points and Naturalisation

Post by email4contact » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Amber_ wrote:Yes. Ensure that it was just an FPN and you did not plead guilty by post etc...
Hi Amber,

I sent my paper counterpart with GBP60 and I received back just my paper counterpart with 03 points and a receipt.

Though i do slightly remember that there was another paper as well. I will check that as well and update accordingly.

Is this OK?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes the paper counterpart is fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

email4contact
Newly Registered

Re: CU80 - FPN with 3 points and Naturalisation

Post by email4contact » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 am

email4contact wrote:
Amber_ wrote:Yes. Ensure that it was just an FPN and you did not plead guilty by post etc...
Hi Amber,

I sent my paper counterpart with GBP60 and I received back just my paper counterpart with 03 points and a receipt.

Though i do slightly remember that there was another paper as well. I will check that as well and update accordingly.

Is this OK?

Thanks.

Yes Amber,

I have confirmed there is nothing came back in post other than payment receipt from court and paper counter part with following information:

Convicting court code: x9250xx
Date of Conviction: NULL (Dashed out)
Offence Code: CU80
Date of Offence: 01/Sep/2013
Penalty Point: 03
Fine: £60

So i understand, it is not a court conviction and have no actual legal court proceedings.

Questions:
I am going to apply Next Week and this only FPN is within last 12 month before Naturalisation application. Any concern do you think?

While i am attaching paper counter part with application, shall i clarify this in a cover letter as well?

Many Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 am

One FPN in the last 12 months and no convictions should not be a problem.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khan100
BANNED

Post by khan100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:30 am

Amber_ wrote:Unfortunately, the fact that you did not declare a conviction for ILR poses 2 issues, 1. the issue of deception and 2.the fact that a non-custodial conviction is a general grounds for refusal for 24 months. I assume you applied for ILR post August 2011. You now also may risk the revocation of your ILR.
But don't they do their own checks when you apply for ILR?If they do their own checks then they should have seen the OP's conviction!!! :roll:

Are the criminal record checks made for ILR and for naturalization different?If they couldn't find anything at ILR stage then how its possible that they would find it at the time of naturalization??? :roll:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 am

Again, it doesn't matter whether they find anything it's up to the applicant to declare convictions.

khan100
BANNED

Post by khan100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Amber_ wrote:Again, it doesn't matter whether they find anything it's up to the applicant to declare convictions.
If nothing is recorded on pnc and they couldn't find anything on the ILR stage then what's the point of disclosing it at BC stage as how they would see it if they didn't see it at the crucial ILR stage?

Do they make criminal record checks at the ILR stage to see if the applicant has any convictions, cautions or warnings or arrests etc. ?If yes then why they couldn't find the record of his conviction?

Don't you think that disclosing it in BC application would confuse the case worker particularly if they can't find the record of OP's conviction as obviously they couldn't see it at in his ILR application and keeping in view that ILR and BC checks are same?
Last edited by khan100 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:38 pm

It's not the point, if you declare you have no convictions as to avoid refusal that is deception regardless of whether the Home Office find out during the application.

khan100
BANNED

Post by khan100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Amber_ wrote:It's not the point, if you declare you have no convictions as to avoid refusal that is deception regardless of whether the Home Office find out during the application.
If nothing is recorded on pnc and crb checks didn't reveal any such record then how it would be deception as applicant has a proof of CRB and PNC checks? :roll:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm

It doesn't matter whether the conviction is recorded on the PNC i.e. a conviction abroad. The point is all spent and unspent convictions must be declared, failure to do so could amount to deception. The applicant will know whether s(he) has been convicted of an offence.

Amritsar singh

Re: BC with Traffic offence CU80

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi I applied my bc on 14th April 2014 I done my biometric 15th may but also I had in10 offence on 10oct2011 driving car without insurance so what you think this offence still can affect on my application I paid fine 245 and six point