BC with Traffic offence CU80

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: push, JAJ, Casa, archigabe, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, ca.funke, Amber, sushdmehta, John, ChetanOjha, batleykhan, sbrennan

BC with Traffic offence CU80

Postby bluebird2011 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi

Did anyone get British citizenship with FPN-traffic offence CU80 i.e using mobile whilst driving.

Regards
bluebird2011
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Postby doubletrouble » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:52 pm

need not mention as it was FPN.
doubletrouble
Member
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:41 pm

Postby cricinfo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 pm

doubletrouble wrote:need not mention as it was FPN.


A bit confuse here. I think CU80 (using mobile whilst driving) does not come under minor offence. See guidance notes :

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offence” we mean minor speeding offence or other ‘regulatory’ offences. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft), violence or sexual offences or drugs are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either.
cricinfo
Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Postby Smallfamily » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 pm

I 100% agree with "cricinfo" it is not a minor offence. You should wait until the conviction is spent.
Smallfamily
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 am

Postby selva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:34 pm

cricinfo wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:need not mention as it was FPN.


A bit confuse here. I think CU80 (using mobile whilst driving) does not come under minor offence. See guidance notes :

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offence” we mean minor speeding offence or other ‘regulatory’ offences. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft), violence or sexual offences or drugs are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either.



the next para says


We would not normally take Fixed Penalty Notices into account, unless you have had more
than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case, you may wish to wait to
make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12
month period before applying.


All these things are come under good character requirement and if it is purely a Fixed Penalty Notices then I would think it will not be an issue.

the best way is to send a mail to UKBA and get the confirmation.
selva
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Postby cricinfo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

selva wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:need not mention as it was FPN.


A bit confuse here. I think CU80 (using mobile whilst driving) does not come under minor offence. See guidance notes :

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offence” we mean minor speeding offence or other ‘regulatory’ offences. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft), violence or sexual offences or drugs are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either.



the next para says


We would not normally take Fixed Penalty Notices into account, unless you have had more
than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case, you may wish to wait to
make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12
month period before applying.


All these things are come under good character requirement and if it is purely a Fixed Penalty Notices then I would think it will not be an issue.

the best way is to send a mail to UKBA and get the confirmation.


The paragraph i copied says it all. UKBA only disregard one minor offence like SP30 speeding offence but not major offence like CU80 using a mobile phone while driving
cricinfo
Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Postby friend12345 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm

cricinfo wrote:
selva wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:need not mention as it was FPN.


A bit confuse here. I think CU80 (using mobile whilst driving) does not come under minor offence. See guidance notes :

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offence” we mean minor speeding offence or other ‘regulatory’ offences. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft), violence or sexual offences or drugs are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either.




the next para says


We would not normally take Fixed Penalty Notices into account, unless you have had more
than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case, you may wish to wait to
make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12
month period before applying.


All these things are come under good character requirement and if it is purely a Fixed Penalty Notices then I would think it will not be an issue.

the best way is to send a mail to UKBA and get the confirmation.


The paragraph i copied says it all. UKBA only disregard one minor offence like SP30 speeding offence but not major offence like CU80 using a mobile phone while driving

I have applied Naturalisation with offence code LC 20 ( driving on international licence for more than a year in 2008 ), will update once I hear a word back.
Good Luck
friend12345
Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Postby AmitS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Any luck yet ??
AmitS
Newbie
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: LONDON

Postby asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:35 am

Smallfamily wrote:I 100% agree with "cricinfo" it is not a minor offence. You should wait until the conviction is spent.


Wrong. There is no conviction, and when there is no conviction then there is no spent period. FPN is not a conviction. When they say that minor offences could be disregarded and using mobile is not a minor offence, then it means offence that a person has been found guilty of.

FPN IS NOT A CONVICTION. FULL STOP.
asim72
BANNED
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Postby asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am

cricinfo wrote:
selva wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:need not mention as it was FPN.


A bit confuse here. I think CU80 (using mobile whilst driving) does not come under minor offence. See guidance notes :

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offence” we mean minor speeding offence or other ‘regulatory’ offences. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft), violence or sexual offences or drugs are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either.




the next para says


We would not normally take Fixed Penalty Notices into account, unless you have had more
than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case, you may wish to wait to
make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12
month period before applying.


All these things are come under good character requirement and if it is purely a Fixed Penalty Notices then I would think it will not be an issue.

the best way is to send a mail to UKBA and get the confirmation.


The paragraph i copied says it all. UKBA only disregard one minor offence like SP30 speeding offence but not major offence like CU80 using a mobile phone while driving


Please read again carefully.The paragraph you have quoted is talking about "convictions" of offences. FPN is not a conviction.
asim72
BANNED
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Postby semiautomatic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

asim72 wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:I 100% agree with "cricinfo" it is not a minor offence. You should wait until the conviction is spent.


Wrong. There is no conviction, and when there is no conviction then there is no spent period. FPN is not a conviction. When they say that minor offences could be disregarded and using mobile is not a minor offence, then it means offence that a person has been found guilty of.

FPN IS NOT A CONVICTION. FULL STOP.


Asim72, you were absolutely spot on! We just received our citizenship approval today, despite my wife having a PCN CU80 and 3 points for driving while using mobile phone. So as long as it's not a conviction, as long as it has not gone to the court, as long it's only a FPN, there is nothing to worry about!!
semiautomatic
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Postby friend12345 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:10 pm

friend12345 wrote:I have applied Naturalisation with offence code LC 20 ( driving on international licence for more than a year in 2008 ), will update once I hear a word back.
Good Luck

Just to update I had my application approved with LC20 on 17 May 2012, 3 points given in court.
friend12345
Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Postby pradan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Congrats friend12345 and semiautomatic.
Did you two use NCS?

I am due to apply for BC..just got fixed penalty notice(not through court) for speeding (RTO act 1988, section 75,76 and 77). I am going to accept it and it is £60 fine and 3 points.

Two queies -
1) Do I need to declare it? - Is it under criminal convictions; as I understand its not a conviction (may b wrong)
2) If I declare it - any likely problems for the application
Thanks
Regards.
pradan
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Postby friend12345 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:06 pm

pradan wrote:Congrats friend12345 and semiautomatic.
Did you two use NCS?

I am due to apply for BC..just got fixed penalty notice(not through court) for speeding (RTO act 1988, section 75,76 and 77). I am going to accept it and it is £60 fine and 3 points.

Two queies -
1) Do I need to declare it? - Is it under criminal convictions; as I understand its not a conviction (may b wrong)
2) If I declare it - any likely problems for the application
Thanks
Regards.

Thanks and no I sent my application myself NCS refused to take my application due to conviction.
If you had an FPN then that dont need mentioned on the application, dont worry about it.

Good Luck
friend12345
Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Postby pradan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks
Will it mean NCS may not consider my application or yours was different scenario?
Regards.
pradan
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Postby friend12345 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:00 am

pradan wrote:Thanks
Will it mean NCS may not consider my application or yours was different scenario?
Regards.

Yours is just an FPN, you will be ok FPN's dont need mentioned in the application.
friend12345
Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Postby semiautomatic » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am

pradan wrote:Congrats friend12345 and semiautomatic.
Did you two use NCS?

I am due to apply for BC..just got fixed penalty notice(not through court) for speeding (RTO act 1988, section 75,76 and 77). I am going to accept it and it is £60 fine and 3 points.

Two queies -
1) Do I need to declare it? - Is it under criminal convictions; as I understand its not a conviction (may b wrong)
2) If I declare it - any likely problems for the application
Thanks
Regards.


Pradan, if it's only an FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) then you DO NOT need to declare it. We applied through NCS and the lady said we do not need tick the criminal conviction box since it's not a conviction only a Fixed Penalty. However, the NCS would take a copy of your driving license counterpart (paper part) and send it along to Home Office, as a proof that it's only an FPN and not a conviction.
semiautomatic
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Postby kasturi75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi bluebird2011,
What is the outcome of your BC application? Have you declared the offence?? thanks
kasturi75
Junior Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am
Location: London

Postby bluebird2011 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Kasturi

I'm due to apply for BC in April 2013. I don't need to disclose it on the form. However, I'll send my licence and the couterpart in the application.
bluebird2011
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Postby kasturi75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm

We have a similar case as my wife was stopped while driving using a mobile few months ago. She got a £60 fine & 3 points from police, no court case. We also are looking to apply for BC but not sure whether to declare this offence on the application or not? thanks
kasturi75
Junior Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am
Location: London

Next

Return to British Citizenship

 


  • Related topics
    Views
    Replies
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: london_2014 and 24 guests