ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

being refused Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lacoste
Newly Registered

being refused Naturalisation

Post by lacoste » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:32 pm

I have just received a refusal letter for my citizenship application. the refusal is based on the following reason " in view of ur conviction on 11/05/10 at .... city magistrate court, which will not be spent unde the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 unitil 11/05/15, and which you failed to disclose to us, the secretary of stat is not satisfield that the good character requirement is met, the application has therefore been refused.

1.I have no idea what has happened for me to have being convicted, and the area were the convition took place is a place i use to live 13months ago.
2. i have a new enhanced crb which was issued a month ago, there is no mentioning of this conviction.
3. all i can think of is the debts am currently resoving to pay after seven year of living under the immigration control waiting for my immigration case to be decided. but on the other hand the organisation i owed knew my circumstance of why i can't pay them as well as my knew address.

I trying by all means to rebuild my career, aft all these yrs, and i haven't seen my son for 8yrs. NO identity as i can not apply for a passport on my country of origin. I have an offer of employment within my career, bt without a passport it means i will be stuck on this care job dispite my qualifications.
I am not on walfare system n i never was,

please advice on what steps can i take on this matter? i know there is no legal appeal on refusal, but why should i always fight to and struggle to be in this country, rite now i just feel if there was anyway in the world i could be accepted and be appreciated i would go with no doubt, i know this is all emotion but please help, i need help

John

Post by John » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

I don't think this is anything to do with debts, given the word "conviction" is not used in County Court proceedings.

Do they give any detail about the alleged conviction? In any case I suggest you contact the Court concerned and try to get detail of what it is alleged that you have been convicted of. I use this terminology because I wonder whether it is a question of mistaken identity, especially in view of the clear CRB check you have obtained.
John

Smallfamily

Re: being refused Naturalisation

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi lacoste

When did u submit ur application and did u use NCS or standard postal service... cheers

lacoste
Newly Registered

Post by lacoste » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:53 pm

John wrote:I don't think this is anything to do with debts, given the word "conviction" is not used in County Court proceedings.

Do they give any detail about the alleged conviction? In any case I suggest you contact the Court concerned and try to get detail of what it is alleged that you have been convicted of. I use this terminology because I wonder whether it is a question of mistaken identity, especially in view of the clear CRB check you have obtained.
Thanks John.

they never mentioned what is the conviction for. so if it's a mistaken identity how can i argue my case as they said the refusal is not entiled for appeal? what are my chances? can i apply for travelling document to use as a form of identity, again in terms of travelling to other countries such as USA, canada, and EU
am a qualified chartered Accountant trying hard to rebuild my life as u can see since i got lndefinate leave to remain 13months jus to gain work referances.

lacoste
Newly Registered

Post by lacoste » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Hi lacoste

When did u submit ur application and did u use NCS or standard postal service... cheers
Hi, submitted it on the 5/11/10 and got the refusal letter today dated 26/11/10. I used special delivery ( guaranteed)

John

Post by John » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Have a read of this UKBA webpage, which I think will be useful to you.

But before going down that route you need to make absolutely sure that the conviction is 100% guaranteed not yours! The Magistrates Court should be able to help, even though you have not been given details of the alleged conviction, except you have been given a date of 11.05.10.

Question, and I am not asking for you to actually give your surname, but is your surname reasonably common? That is, is there a reasonable chance that someone of your name ... not you .... might have been convicted?

Also have you done a Google search of your name? You never know, it might actually throw up a link to a media report of the conviction in May. Worth trying.
John

lacoste
Newly Registered

Post by lacoste » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:02 pm

John wrote:Have a read of this UKBA webpage, which I think will be useful to you.

But before going down that route you need to make absolutely sure that the conviction is 100% guaranteed not yours! The Magistrates Court should be able to help, even though you have not been given details of the alleged conviction, except you have been given a date of 11.05.10.

Question, and I am not asking for you to actually give your surname, but is your surname reasonably common? That is, is there a reasonable chance that someone of your name ... not you .... might have been convicted?

Also have you done a Google search of your name? You never know, it might actually throw up a link to a media report of the conviction in May. Worth trying.
John I have indeed gone through the google search using both the conviction magistrate court of that particular city, think something will come up, Even paid £45 on this website (HubMemberAccess.com) which I feel like ii have burned my money on this site. if political issues in my country were that good, i would have gone straight away today. but its just emotional thing when the world seems to be against you, yet you still maintain your dignity as you know for sure the world will never take that away from you.
I found this site by default, when i was doing my search, but hey Thanks God for being here coz here am think straight and accepting that what is done is done you can't undo it but you can keep your head up and find a solution :D .
Will keep you posted of the outcome of my findings (monday)
regarding my surname, i will say not that many in UK apart from a football player who plays for premium team relegated last year (P) start with M*****A, another thiing i could think of if someone who dislike me when stop by police gave my name ( but again) in this day n age it is rear for that to happen. I don't have a social life neway, if am not at the GYm, am at work with older age people who makes me laugh all the time, or at home. don't go out clubbing things like that at all.
jus a joke maybe that the reason of no being of Good character as the letter said it's not being defined by the Act 1981 lol, you never know.

I pay tax and give back to the community and never ever drawn money from the pot of the ex Chancellor and hardworking British people.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:19 am

lacoste wrote:3. all i can think of is the debts am currently resoving to pay
it can't be debt issue
- magistrate courts do not deal with debts other than "public" ones: council tax, parking tickets, driving offences, fines, etc., so if you are in debt with credit card, overdraft, mobile phone operator, store card, mail catalogue, etc. County Courts are the ones which deal with such debts
- such debts are civil not criminal matters, you don't get conviction, you get judgement (CCJ - County Court Judgement)
- CCJs if paid within 30 days are not registered anywhere, and if unpaid then registered with CRAs (Credit Reference Agencies) and remain on your credit file for 6 years (in England and Wales) so it again doesn't add-up to the 5 years period mentioned by you

it could be indeed identity theft

BTW, I have enclosed my enhanced CRB to my application. It is surely not on the required documents list, but it is so strong proof of being a good character that I'd think it could only help your case.

lacoste
Newly Registered

Post by lacoste » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm

John wrote:Have a read of this UKBA webpage, which I think will be useful to you.

Hi, John
I have contact the magistrate court who have advised me that the conviction was lift on the 29/09/10 and it was for travelling on rail without a ticket, which i didn’t know abt. Yes i knew i once sign something call a state declaration form at my local court sometime in September when i received a letter telling me abt unpaid fee from court and it ought it was for council tax summoned with my former council, which I arranged to settle on arrangement and the lady told me to ignore the summoned issued. Called the rail company today and was advised there was no further action and the proceedings were voided and i should not worry abt it. Call the home office to explain what i have been told by the court and rail company, and she told me i need to prove the conviction never took place, which i challenged her that i cant prove that but i can prove there is nothing against me for unspent conviction and that by the time of my application there was nothing for me to disclose and still there isn’t anything to disclose as a conviction.
Called the court again, which was so helpful and they have given me a court attract to show the conviction was lifted against my name in October 2010. The rail company are also sending me a letter together with my state declaration to help me support my case.
Is there any need to involve a solicitor on this matter? What should i do next, what sort of things should i write on my letter to the home office to reconsider this refusal decision?
My original application for BC was made on 5/11/10
Refusal letter dated 26/11/10
Guys am so grateful to be on this forum and your support is so amazing.

beaugoss
Newly Registered

Post by beaugoss » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

hello darling

Can you advise me exactly which number you called? Is it possible for anyone to call without a reference but their name and details to figure out if they have an offence under their name?

i'd like to do the same too please

thanks

lacoste
Newly Registered

Post by lacoste » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm

The past three months has been the most challenging part of my life. after my BC being refused, then my sista back home's shocking sudden death. today i can testify that I have been granted British citizenship. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and encouraging ideas, which lead me to appeal the ealier decision. words can never express my appreciation. after 8yrs in UK i can know final travel to escape the stress and pressure of life.

lacoste wrote:I have just received a refusal letter for my citizenship application. the refusal is based on the following reason " in view of ur conviction on 11/05/10 at .... city magistrate court, which will not be spent unde the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 unitil 11/05/15, and which you failed to disclose to us, the secretary of stat is not satisfield that the good character requirement is met, the application has therefore been refused.

1.I have no idea what has happened for me to have being convicted, and the area were the convition took place is a place i use to live 13months ago.
2. i have a new enhanced crb which was issued a month ago, there is no mentioning of this conviction.
3. all i can think of is the debts am currently resoving to pay after seven year of living under the immigration control waiting for my immigration case to be decided. but on the other hand the organisation i owed knew my circumstance of why i can't pay them as well as my knew address.

I trying by all means to rebuild my career, aft all these yrs, and i haven't seen my son for 8yrs. NO identity as i can not apply for a passport on my country of origin. I have an offer of employment within my career, bt without a passport it means i will be stuck on this care job dispite my qualifications.
I am not on walfare system n i never was,

please advice on what steps can i take on this matter? i know there is no legal appeal on refusal, but why should i always fight to and struggle to be in this country, rite now i just feel if there was anyway in the world i could be accepted and be appreciated i would go with no doubt, i know this is all emotion but please help, i need help

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Congratulations on it working out, at last.
John

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeah! Congratulations...it really worth it...in the end :)

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Many many Congradulations :D

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:02 am

John, you guys are angels.....This website has been helping a lot from critical situations ....god bless u .
John wrote:Congratulations on it working out, at last.