ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship & proof of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Seena

British Citizenship & proof of address

Post by Seena » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Dear Experts,

I am a spouse of British citizen. I have 2 questions if someone can answer that for me please.

1- I got my ILR approved on 2nd March 2015. My question is when can i apply for my my naturalization ?

2- We are moving into a studio apartment and all the bills are included in the rent so we will have no proof of address in the form of utility bills, Is there any requirements to show the proof of address when i will apply for my naturalization ?

Thanks in advance,
Seena

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship & proof of address

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

1- I got my ILR approved on 2nd March 2015. My question is when can i apply for my my naturalization ? You can apply if you have 3 years residence and meet the standard requirements.

2- We are moving into a studio apartment and all the bills are included in the rent so we will have no proof of address in the form of utility bills, Is there any requirements to show the proof of address when i will apply for my naturalization ? Proof of address is not required for naturalisation. You will only be required to list all your addresses.
Is this query for yourself or for your sister?? If the latter, please state if you are asking on behalf of someone else to avoid confusion.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member/Seena/posts/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seena

Post by Seena » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks for ur reply. I am asking this for my sister. So its mean that she can apply for her naturalization in March 2016, am i right ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:22 pm

If she has been resident in the UK on ANY legal visa and has ILR and is married to a British Citizen, she can apply for naturalisation and does not have to wait the 12 months on ILR. It is not 3 years resident as a spouse of a British Citizen.

One of your previous posts reference PSW visa (but confusing as not sure if this is yourself or your sister).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... ml#p772342

If you list all the visa statuses your sister has had and when she entered the UK, it would help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seena

Post by Seena » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks very much CR001. You been a great help.

This is actually my sister account and some times I use it as well on her behalf. Here is her story:

She came to the UK on a student visa in 2009. She did her MBA here in the UK and got PSW visa for 2 years in 2011.

She got married to a British citizen in July 2012 and applied for a spouse visa before the change of new rules and she was granted the two years spouse visa.

After the completion of her two years spouse dependent visa, now in March 2015 she is granted the ILR which is valid until 2025.

So my question is when can she apply for her naturalization ? Please state month / year ?

Her self and her husband are working full time professional jobs.

Thanks for you assistance...
Seena

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

She can apply now as spouse of British citizen based on 3 years residence and meeting the standard requirements i.e absence, etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Seena

Post by Seena » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Thank you very much...