ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ojamo2005
Newly Registered

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

Post by ojamo2005 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Good Day! Please I need some help regarding to my application for Naturalization,I applied for my Naturalization since November 2014 and I received a letter today May 2015.In the letter home office sent to me request for ****Confirmation of which country you will live in when your application for British Citizenship is successful*** Please can someone advice me what I need to send or tell home office because am currently out of the UK on holiday at the moment.I shall Await for your reply.Thanks

WR1

Re: BRITISH CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

Post by WR1 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 pm

The only person that can answer the questions is yourself. It's a straight forward question, which country do you intend to live in when you obtain citizenship?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 pm

What did you write in the form where this question was asked?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue May 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Are you living abroad at the moment? Did you do anything to make them doubt your intention to live in the UK after obtainibg citizenship?

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 am

ojamo2005 wrote:Good Day! Please I need some help regarding to my application for Naturalization,I applied for my Naturalization since November 2014 and I received a letter today May 2015.In the letter home office sent to me request for ****Confirmation of which country you will live in when your application for British Citizenship is successful*** Please can someone advice me what I need to send or tell home office because am currently out of the UK on holiday at the moment.I shall Await for your reply.Thanks
You are currently out on holidays, but I am guessing you will be returning soon, so personally I would see the question is for countries within the UK from Scotland, Wales, England, Norther Ireland, which country will be settling in on permanent basis after getting British Citizenship? So pick that country from within the UK which is going to be your home country, and write them a reply something like that:
"I would very much like to make XYZ my home country"
and pick from from Scotland, Wales, England, Norther Ireland and put in place of XYZ. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ojamo2005
Newly Registered

Post by ojamo2005 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am

Thank you all for the quick reply.I really do appreciate,I applied through check in services so I expect them to have check the application form properly before sending it off.I will be living in the UK permanently even though I have been out of the country for almost 3months but coming back to UK next week.Regarding to the question home office asked me.Do I have to write a letter and address it to them or Do i have to send my Travel document passport because am just confused right.Pls help.Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:52 am

Do I have to write a letter and address it to them
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ojamo2005
Newly Registered

Post by ojamo2005 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Do I have to write a letter and address it to them in a format** I will be residing in England after my application for Naturalization is successful or Can I email them. Advice me please.Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:52 am

ojamo2005 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Do I have to write a letter and address it to them in a format** I will be residing in England after my application for Naturalization is successful or Can I email them. Advice me please.Thanks
Check the letter from Home Office please, if it has an email address the personally I would email ASAP and send a letter to return address in letter. Otherwise I would send a letter. In both cases, please send your letter in post through special delivery signed for and keep receipt. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:29 pm

So, that may be why they've asked you about this. I wonder how did they find out you were abroad? Did you inform them that your address has changed to a foreign one? If you have spouse/children, do they live with you in the UK?