ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meideskri
Newly Registered

British citizenship

Post by Meideskri » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello everyone
next month iam going to apply for the british citizenship...ive got all the paperwork for that..i live in the uk since august 2010..my visa in my passport is indefinite leave to enter..visa settlement spouse..ive passed my life in the uk test in 2012...ive passed B1 in english speaking and listening...all who scared me is ive got ssome debts loans unpaid and defulted..is that gonna affext my application...i worked since 2010..pay tax..natioanl insurance..never claim benifits..and i only left the uk for 21 days for holiday in all 4 years...any answers and help will be thankful..

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British citizenship

Post by milan69 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:00 am

Regarding your debts, do you have any CCJ?
Q19 - I have debts will this lead to a refusal?

Being in debt (even heavily) will alone, not be a grounds for refusal unless the caseworker believes that you are deliberately and recklessly building up debts with no intention of paying them back. If you are making repayments (even if token payments) this should be enough to rebut any assumption. Therefore, you should ensure that you are making some payment each month, if you need help to arrange this see the charities below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html
I am sometimes wrong.

Meideskri
Newly Registered

Post by Meideskri » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Hello friend
at the momeny i dont havr any ccj..i tried previuosly made some payments..i did..but honestly i cant afford it anymore because of familly commitment..is it gonna be a prblem for me..?i hope not..thank u for ur reply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 pm

How can you afford the £900-odd fee?

Maybe you should do the honourable thing and pay those off first.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Meideskri
Newly Registered

Post by Meideskri » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi wanderer..ofcourse i will pay off my debts...its just matter of time..and about the fee of the application i will Get help from my best friend..thank u for ur advice

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 am

Meideskri wrote:Hello everyone
next month iam going to apply for the british citizenship...ive got all the paperwork for that..i live in the uk since august 2010..my visa in my passport is indefinite leave to enter..visa settlement spouse..ive passed my life in the uk test in 2012...ive passed B1 in english speaking and listening...all who scared me is ive got ssome debts loans unpaid and defulted..is that gonna affext my application...i worked since 2010..pay tax..natioanl insurance..never claim benifits..and i only left the uk for 21 days for holiday in all 4 years...any answers and help will be thankful..

Interesting, as I have heard here that defaulting is grounds for refusal. I'd ask seniors to guide on this ground only.

I'm subscribing to thread to see replies myself for knowledge.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:07 pm

I believe that default should not make any difference but if the situation deteriorates and default becames CCJ, than it is a totally different and serious matter.
I suggest you make arrangments with companies you own money to.
I am sometimes wrong.