ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship will it count as a traffic offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ialacis

british citizenship will it count as a traffic offence

Post by ialacis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:09 pm

hi

im due to apply for British citizenship later on this year, i already have one traffic offense ( speeding, 3point, £60 fine etc),.... now i have received a letter from debt recovery company in regards to my old car! which is worrying me, this is what happened

in 2010 i had an accident, i handed the case to a solicitor, in march 2011 3rd party insurance took away the car and paid me value of the car, none of the solicitor or 3rd party notified dvla and i wasnt aware of procedure as i was expecting solicitor or 3rd party insurance do all the paper work.

since then i moved out from my old address and my royail mail redirection ran out, hence i haven't revived any notification from dvla or debt recovery until 7weeks ago when i received a letter in my current address , it was from PW moody debt recovery asking for £80 outstanding on behalf of dvla!!!

couple of weeks ago i wrote to dvla explaining what happened and they have removed me from their system etc, however the debt recovery is insisting that i should be paying the money and such, they told me it wont affect my UKBA application and no need to declare when applying for insurance, i want to make sure they have done everything i can and this does not count as a traffic offense ?

i just paid the £80 debt to PW moody , will this work against me?

thanks

zishi

Post by zishi » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Did it go to court? or was it debt recovery letter before court proceedings?

ialacis

Post by ialacis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 pm

zishi wrote:Did it go to court? or was it debt recovery letter before court proceedings?
no court, just £80 paid over the phone here is what the letter says

RE: our client dvla
" we act for the above named in connection with their outstanding account totalling £80"

we must inform you that unless your settlement is made in the course of the next seven days, our instruction are to institute legal proceedings againat you for the above sum, together with court and solicitors cost pursuant to the section 69 of the court act 1984"

will it help if i contact my solicitor/3rd party insurance and or their partner which scrapped the car and get some sort of confirmation that this actually happened? i think dvla is using bullying tactic and unfairly targeting me.

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 am

Yes, you should contact your solicitor or insurance company to get some clarification around this.

In any case, now that you have paid the fine and it hasn't been to court, I don't think this will have any impact on your application.

ialacis

Post by ialacis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:02 pm

zishi wrote:Yes, you should contact your solicitor or insurance company to get some clarification around this.

In any case, now that you have paid the fine and it hasn't been to court, I don't think this will have any impact on your application.
dvla is looking into this , spoken to the debt recovery they confirmed its not a fine or offense its diffrent, more like an invoice thing,

just checked DVLA website , its mention as automated fine but no mention of FPN see
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... DG_4022059

can a senior member comment on whether i need to declare and if its going to delay my application? i already have one FPN and cant afford having 2 within last 12month.

update:
spoken to DVLA , they said its not FPN its just a fine for not having continuous registration

and not classified as fixed penalty notice,
also date recorded on their system is 1st June 2011

I don’t need to declare this.