ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application - Overseas Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajbhatta

British Passport Application - Overseas Application

Post by ajbhatta » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi ,

I have a bit of a situation.

After I received my naturalization, We moved to Australia on a permanent residency. I have applied for a british passport from Australia. I just got an email asking me to send them a letter of explanation as to why am I not applying from my country of birth or from the UK.

1. I hope this will not be a reason for them to not give me a british passport?
2. Should I clearly mention to them that we moved to Australia on a permanent basis, If yes, will this impact my chances of getting a british passport.
3. IF not, what should I say to them?

Kind Regards,

Ajay

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British Passport Application - Overseas Application

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

1. They must give you a passport if you have submitted all necessary documents.
After naturalisation ceremony you have officially become British citizen and it is up to you to apply for British passport if you need to...if you don't travel you don't have to.
I am sometimes wrong.

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 am

So should I just type up a letter stating that we have a permanent residency for Australia and we will be here for a few years before we permanently move back to the united kingdom?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:57 am

I disagree with Milan69. The government is under no obligation to issue you a passport. However, it would be highly unusual to refuse you a passport, unless you are an international criminal.

A letter explaining your permanent residency in Australia should go some way in explaining the situation.