ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for British Naturalisation from abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KingstonJ
Newly Registered

Can I apply for British Naturalisation from abroad?

Post by KingstonJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello

Our family have been recently granted ILR - 14 April, 2014. Our intention is to remain and live in the UK, therefore we would like to apply for British Naturalisation after 12 months in 2015.

My UK based company has offered an overseas secondment to New Zealand for approximately 6 months starting in mid January, 2015. Is it possible to apply for Naturalisation from abroad? Or would we have to return to UK to apply? Or can I register with NCS before we leave in January (assume this is too soon).

Please note that we will satisfy all criteria including 90 days or less (I estimate 88 days within the 12 month period) outside of the UK. In addition the majority of our estate is in the UK and our family links are established here.

If we had legal representation are they able to apply on our behalf?

Has anyone been in this situation? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Can I apply for British Naturalisation from abroad?

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Only apply from abroad if you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.