ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for British Passport for my daughter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carlos1984
Newly Registered

Can I apply for British Passport for my daughter?

Post by carlos1984 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

Both me and my wife have indefinate leave in the UK and my daughter was born here about 2 months ago. Is she elegible to apply for British Passport? she has already been registered here as well.
Thank you for the help and a repply will be greatly appreciated as we are going on holiday in a couple of months time

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 am

If the child was born in the UK after either parent were granted settlement, the child is British by birth and may apply for British passport.

If the child was born in the UK before either parent was granted settlement, then registration as British citizen is required before one can apply for British passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

carlos1984
Newly Registered

Post by carlos1984 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am

thank you.. its just that i was going through the application for the passport and it says that this is dependent on one of the parents being british.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Please read the form again. It doesn't say that one of the parents has to be British.