ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get help with next steps please just got EEA PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oOCasperOo

Can I get help with next steps please just got EEA PR

Post by oOCasperOo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:32 pm

HI Sorry if this has been posted already but I can't find anything related to my question. Long story short

I'm British my wife who is Hungarian just got EEA PR I would liek to know what are the next steps for her becoming British Citizen ?

Things like what I need to do next does she need to do any kinda tests as we have 2 kids together both bourn in UK and we are married.

If some one could point me to right direction that would be great.

Thank you Casper. :oops:

noajthan

Re: Can I get help with next steps please just got EEA PR

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Proof of English and LITUK required.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

oOCasperOo

Post by oOCasperOo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:42 pm

noajthan wrote:Proof of English and LITUK required.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Thank you for that link she has been in UK from 2008 and her English is great so how does she provide proof of English ? Or can she just do Life In The UK test ? and does she still have to do these test even if she is married to British person and has 2 British children ?

Thank you for your help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 pm

oOCasperOo wrote:Thank you for that link she has been in UK from 2008 and her English is great so how does she provide proof of English ? Or can she just do Life In The UK test ? and does she still have to do these test even if she is married to British person and has 2 British children ?

Thank you for your help
Proof still required as noone inherits the ability to converse in English simply by marriage nor by having children:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/overview

The guidance is quite clear and comprehensive and explains what's required.
And yes, the pub quiz is still required too.

oOCasperOo

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm

noajthan wrote:
oOCasperOo wrote:Thank you for that link she has been in UK from 2008 and her English is great so how does she provide proof of English ? Or can she just do Life In The UK test ? and does she still have to do these test even if she is married to British person and has 2 British children ?

Thank you for your help
Proof still required as noone inherits the ability to converse in English simply by marriage nor by having children:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/overview

The guidance is quite clear and comprehensive and explains what's required.
And yes, the pub quiz is still required too.
Thanks for all your help I just have 1 final question.

My wife wants to change her name by deedpol ( so she takes up my surename ) does she need to wait till she gets passport and then change it or can she do this before she gets passport ?

Thank you

oOCasperOo

Fee for Naturalisation is £1236 does same fee apply if.....

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi Guys I just read that Naturalisation fee is £1236 this is for my wife to apply for Naturalisation who is my carer I'm disabled and I'm British my self. Question I have does the same fee apply if shes on benefits like carers allowence and so on ? Or is there a some sort of discount/help for peoplewho are on benefits ?

Thanks Casper

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.

And no, no concessions.

oOCasperOo

Naturalisation Fee if on bennefits ?

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Not sure what happened to my last post but posting this again I just want to know if Naturalisation fee is the same for people who are on benefits ?

Many Thanks Casper

Casa

Re: Naturalisation Fee if on bennefits ?

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:32 pm

oOCasperOo wrote:Hi Not sure what happened to my last post but posting this again I just want to know if Naturalisation fee is the same for people who are on benefits ?

Many Thanks Casper
Yes it is. There are no fee concessions for naturalisation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oOCasperOo

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Casa wrote:
oOCasperOo wrote:Hi Not sure what happened to my last post but posting this again I just want to know if Naturalisation fee is the same for people who are on benefits ?

Many Thanks Casper
Yes it is. There are no fee concessions for naturalisation.

Many thanks for your help my final question is as I'm british my wife will be doing LIUT as well as her B1 English how long does she need to wait to apply for Naturalisation ? As I read somewhere it's 12 months but others said this does not apply if she is married to British Person I.E me is this true ? We are married so I want to know how long does she need to wait before she can apply for Naturalisation.

Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:18 pm

If you wife has ILR or PR and has been legally present in the UK for 3 years she can apply now. That's assuming that she meets all the standard requirements, including absence within the permitted limits, good character etc.

However, you mention that she is only now taking the B1 English test. Has she been in the UK on the EEA route to settlement? It would help if you could explain her immigration history.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oOCasperOo

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Casa wrote:If you wife has ILR or PR and has been legally present in the UK for 3 years she can apply now. That's assuming that she meets all the standard requirements, including absence within the permitted limits, good character etc.

However, you mention that she is only now taking the B1 English test. Has she been in the UK on the EEA route to settlement? It would help if you could explain her immigration history.

She has been in UK from 2009 she just got her EEA PR ( as she been in UK for over 5 years ) I know she has to do B1 English which we will be doing next week and after we will be booking LIUT for her and after that we want to apply for her Naturalisation all I wanted to know if she has to wait before applying for her Naturalisation once she does the other 2 she needs.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Many Thanks Casper
Your posts/topics were merged to one topic in the British Citizen sub forum. Please refrain from starting a new topic in the wrong sub (i.e claiming benefits forum) forum with each question you have. Keep all your questions in THIS topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:13 pm

oOCasperOo wrote:She has been in UK from 2009 she just got her EEA PR ( as she been in UK for over 5 years ) I know she has to do B1 English which we will be doing next week and after we will be booking LIUT for her and after that we want to apply for her Naturalisation all I wanted to know if she has to wait before applying for her Naturalisation once she does the other 2 she needs.

Thank you
Once she has done the tests and has the certificates, she can apply for citizenship. Bear in mind that the fees increase every year in April (sometimes in March).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oOCasperOo

Post by oOCasperOo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:32 am

Thanks for all your help I just have 1 final question.

My wife wants to change her name as we are married and she wants to do this by deedpol ( so she takes up my surename ) does she need to wait till she gets passport and then change it or can she do this before she gets passport ? at any time ?

Thank you