ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my Daughter go for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jain236

Can my Daughter go for British Passport

Post by jain236 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi ,
I was on tier 1 general when my daughter was born in UK (2013). At that as i have to travel to inidia i applied for indian passport and Tier 1 dependent visa for her . Now i am going to ILR next month. my question is do i need to apply ILR for my daughter also? or can we apply for her British passport once we get ILR . can some please answer my question and provide me with any useful links?
your help will be appreciated
Thanks.

LilyLalilu

Re: Can my Daughter go for British Passport

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Once you have ILR, your daughter has an entitlement to register as a British Citizen, no need to apply for ILR for her.
You can register her as a British Citizen using form MN1, please see this link for further info : http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html (scroll down to the 'children' section)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

jain236

Re: Can my Daughter go for British Passport

Post by jain236 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Thankyou very much for your reply.. it helps lot...