ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CD 10 on driving license

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

colinut
Newly Registered

CD 10 on driving license

Post by colinut » Wed May 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi all,

I am in the England and considering applying for citizenship.
I qualify for all requirements except that I have a CD 10 (from July 2008) on my driving license. I bumped into someone from behind at traffic lights and the police officer decided to take me to court. I got 5 points and £200 fine.

Do I need to declare this in the good character section and will it make my application unsuccessful?

Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: CD 10 on driving license

Post by Amber » Wed May 08, 2013 3:44 pm

colinut wrote:Hi all,

I am in the England and considering applying for citizenship.
I qualify for all requirements except that I have a CD 10 (from July 2008) on my driving license. I bumped into someone from behind at traffic lights and the police officer decided to take me to court. I got 5 points and £200 fine.

Do I need to declare this in the good character section and will it make my application unsuccessful?

Many thanks.
A non-custodial sentence will be an automatic bar for 3 years. After this, the conviction may cause a refusal on discretion if the offence is a recklessness offence. Regarding your case, yes declare the conviction, it should pose no issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.