ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tcsprak
Newly Registered

Child born in UK

Post by tcsprak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi,

I am presently on Tier 1 General Visa and my wife is on Tier 1 General Dependent visa . Both of us are eligible to apply for ILR in the month of August. Our son was born in the month of November 2014 here in the UK and we just got his Indian passport sorted (no visa yet). I have the following questions:

1) Is my son eligible for ILR at the same time as us ?
2) Apart from his Indian Passport and Birth registration certificate(UK), do we need any other documents?
3) Lastly, after his ILR can he travel abroad whilst his application for naturalisation is in process (or) does he need to be in the country throughout the application process ?

I use this forum quite a lot so appreciate if somebody could throw light and guide me in the appropriate direction.

Cheers ,
Pravs

vinny

Re: Child born in UK - Parents on Tier 1 - ILR eligibility

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:26 am

1) Yes.
2) See application form.
3) Yes. If not traveling, then child is entitled to register directly (without child applying for ILR) after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tcsprak
Newly Registered

Post by tcsprak » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

Tahnks vinny .

I had a look at the application form and cant find any more documents other than child's birth certificate. As I have got an Indian passport for my son, is it just Indian Passport and Child's Birth certificate thats needed for his ILR ?

tcsprak
Newly Registered

Post by tcsprak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Moderators,

Please suggest as I need to plan and book the appointment.

Thanks

tcsprak
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for UK Born Child Query

Post by tcsprak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

So can we do the following for a UK born child:

1) apply for his registration then fly him to india on indian passport

2) apply for his british passport from India

3) surrender his indian passport and come back with british passport ?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 pm

I have moved your post from this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 91294.html to your own thread on this question.

Please post your queries in your own thread to avoid confusion in other peoples threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for UK Born Child Query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:45 pm

tcsprak wrote:So can we do the following for a UK born child:

1) apply for his registration then fly him to india on indian passport Yes, don't forget that the child will have to enroll his biometrics in the UK so you can travel after this has been done.

2) apply for his british passport from India Yes you can, once you receive his registration certificate. Bear in mind that passport applications from India can take between 6 and 12 months. You could wait in the UK with him and apply for his passport using fast track once his citizenship is approved.

Cheers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Re: Child born in UK

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 am

3. the child will need either an exit permit or OCI to travel outside India on his/her British passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!