ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elyasmouse95
Newly Registered

citizenship

Post by elyasmouse95 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I was born in the UK but my mother and father both was born in east Africa. They was not settled when I was born but got settled years later. Now I'm 22 both my parents are British. I haven't left the country in my whole life and I received a 12 month custodial sentence. How can I become British or even get a passport?

secret.simon

Re: citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 pm

If you have lived in the UK for the first ten years of your life and do not have absence of more than 90 days per year, you can register as a British citizen using Form T. The custodial sentence may however put a spanner in the works as you may thus fail the good character requirements

You can apply for a British passport after you have been issued with the above registration certificate by the Home Office.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

elyasmouse95
Newly Registered

British Citizenship - Can I Be British

Post by elyasmouse95 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:37 pm

I was born in the UK in 1995. My parents was not citizens at the time and they did not have indefinite leave to remain at the time of my birth. But in 1997 my father became a British citizen, and my mother became a British citizen in the year 2000. In 2013 I got a custodial sentence of 12 months. I have never left the country would I be able to get a British passport. I have never left the country and my mother and father thought I would get it if my parents were British but that is not the case. How can I become British?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

elyasmouse95
Newly Registered

Post by elyasmouse95 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:15 am

secret.simon wrote:If you have lived in the UK for the first ten years of your life and do not have absence of more than 90 days per year, you can register as a British citizen using Form T. The custodial sentence may however put a spanner in the works as you may thus fail the good character requirements

You can apply for a British passport after you have been issued with the above registration certificate by the Home Office.
but would I be refuse?