ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (student)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jcmex29
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (student)

Post by jcmex29 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi all,

I am from Poland – student from 2005 to 2009, worker from 2009 to ongoing.
I applied for citizenship and have been asked to provide proof of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance or EHIC card from Poland for years 2005-2009.
I never had a CSI nor the EHIC card from Poland – I have a UK EHIC card.
During this time as a student (2005-2009) I was an under-age child, fully financially dependant on my full-time working mother who has a Permanent Resident status and a certifying document.
I personally never applied for Permanent Resident document.
Is there anyway in which I could avoid having the application refused? Such as explaining that my mother provided for me by working and paying taxes & NI, and therefore I had access to health care because of her?
Also, are under-age students not insured through their secondary school or college?
Thanks for your time guys.

jcmex29

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

How old are you?

Children under 21 are automatically considered family member so you can base your status on your parent activities. In such case, CSI is not required. Just provide your mother passport + document certifying PR status and a birth certificate (to show your link to her).

hannaw
Newly Registered

Post by hannaw » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi I have the same problem. However I managed to get a letter from polish NHS stating that during that time I had insurance in Poland. Does anyone know if this would work as we are in EU and the same rules should apply to all countries

marwuu
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by marwuu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:49 pm

hannaw wrote:Hi I have the same problem. However I managed to get a letter from polish NHS stating that during that time I had insurance in Poland. Does anyone know if this would work as we are in EU and the same rules should apply to all countries
hi

how did you manged to get that letter?