ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correction on Naturalisation certificate (Need Help)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kirana
Newly Registered

Correction on Naturalisation certificate (Need Help)

Post by kirana » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi,

I have query regarding Naturalisation certificate correction sent to UKBA.

I recieved Naturalisation on 30th Jan 2013 and Name at Birth has been left blank (which is different from current name).So I sent naturalisation certificate + Fees (£88) for correction on 2nd Feb 2013 to UKBA through Post address

UKBA, NW Region, Nationality,PO BOx 306, The Plaza, Old Hall Street,Liverpool,L39QJ.

Till now I have not recieved any response. I sent mail to ukba and there is no response.I call customer care no response.I have spoken to local MP office and they tell me it will take 1 month to reply.My worry is I will be finishing 3 month period from date of naturaliusation and will not not be eligible to travel to India on Indian passport.

I have plans of travelling to India by May 1st week which cannot be postphoned and it will be difficult for me to have my passport and visa before that time.

Please let me know if any one has faced similar situation and how much time did it take you to recieve back certificate corrected by UKBA.

And people are telling me to approach BBC . Do you think is it going to help?

Many Thanks for your suggetion.

Kirana

push

Re: Correction on Naturalisation certificate (Need Help)

Post by push » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:51 am

kirana wrote:Hi,

I recieved Naturalisation on 30th Jan 2013 and Name at Birth has been left blank (which is different from current name).So I sent naturalisation certificate + Fees (£88) for correction on 2nd Feb 2013 to UKBA through Post address

UKBA, NW Region, Nationality,PO BOx 306, The Plaza, Old Hall Street,Liverpool,L39QJ.

Till now I have not recieved any response. I sent mail to ukba and there is no response.I call customer care no response.I have spoken to local MP office and they tell me it will take 1 month to reply.My worry is I will be finishing 3 month period from date of naturaliusation and will not not be eligible to travel to India on Indian passport.

I have plans of travelling to India by May 1st week which cannot be postphoned and it will be difficult for me to have my passport and visa before that time.

Please let me know if any one has faced similar situation and how much time did it take you to recieve back certificate corrected by UKBA.

Kirana
You can travel to India on your Indian passport even after it has been more than 3 months since you acquired British Citizenship. You will have to pay a penalty for every such trip made , when you surrender your Indian passport. Check details on the HCI's website.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

kirana wrote:Hi,

Kirana
mine is also blank as i only wrote my maiden name in that section of the AN form but am not known by that surname anymore. this question of the form is more for identity purposes. i think it is normal to leave blank on naturalosation certoficate unless your first name has changed significantly or you were adopted etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehmina

Naturalization certificate correction update?

Post by tehmina » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm

anyone received certificate after correction recently

i am waiting since 18 feb and no luck.

User321
Newly Registered

Post by User321 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi,

Also still waiting for correction to certficate, posted to UKBA on 26th Feb.

No luck as yet.

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

any update for those who are waiting ?

Any Senior member please advice us how we should contact HO,as email and Ph are not supportive.
as its been 2 months now in my case and other members more then 4 months

User321
Newly Registered

Post by User321 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi,

Also still waiting for a corrected certficate since 26th Feb (6 weeks).

Has anyone received a corrected certificate back at any point in 2013 so far?
How many weeks months did it take?

Any information would be appreciated.

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Finally i got my certificate back after correction it is dated 28 march-so it took 2 weeks to reach.

Total Time it took-7 weeks

kirana
Newly Registered

Correction on Naturalisation certificate

Post by kirana » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Finally, received my corrected naturalization certificate.

Posted on 1st Feb and received back on 25th April

Imran987
Newly Registered

Post by Imran987 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi,

Can any one of you let me know, what documents we need to send? Do we have to send original passport as proof or xerox copies will do?

Ahem

Post by Ahem » Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm

You dont really require the maiden name to apply for a British Passport ... so you can apply for british passport first and then can correct the certificate at ease ....

john.daddy333
Newly Registered

Post by john.daddy333 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi,

I had to send back my certificate due to a spelling error in my surname (their mistake). Posted it to them on 6th October by SD and they got it next day (according to RM's website).
I've read several posts on this forum from the people who had theirs corrected and the waiting times seem to be varying from 3 weeks to 3 months so there's no pattern really. I just wonder if anyone had theirs sent from July onwards and had it back. Thanks.