ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce after british citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lediable
Newly Registered

divorce after british citizenship?

Post by lediable » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

hi all i am new to this helpful forum,and

i wounder if someone can advise regarding this matter,i am british citizen now and holder of british passport,i got my citizenship 9 months ago as spouse of BC but now i have some relationship trouble as i dont love my spouse anymore and i got depression because of unhappy relationship,however i want have a fresh start to be happy in my life but my spouse keep saying to be if i left the house she will contact the homeoffice and tell them to deprive my citizenship from me,and i am really dont know what to do?shall i leave and nothing will happen or i have to stay in unhappy marriage?

please any help or advice will be much appreciated

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: divorce after british citizenship?

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:52 pm

They won't deprive your citizenship if you divorce so long as there was no fraud, e.g. You were already married etc...
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lediable
Newly Registered

Post by lediable » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Amber_ wrote:They won't deprive your citizenship if you divorce so long as there was no fraud, e.g. You were already married etc...

THANKS AMBRE so you belive i will be fine?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Amber is right. Your wife can't have your BC revoked as long as you were married at the time of your application. What happens to your relationship afterwards isn't relevant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 pm

After having ILR - Your are separate entity - its nothing to do with your spouse.

Only you can apply citizenship being 3 years in UK on behalf of your spouse.

Otherwise you can apply citizenship without need of your spouse.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 pm

In this case the OP, Lediable has British Citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.