ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document for Right of Abode/Certificate of entiltlement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanjay23
Newly Registered

Document for Right of Abode/Certificate of entiltlement

Post by sanjay23 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 am

Hi All
Can you please advise what are the document required to apply Right of Abode/Certificate of entiltlement from India.

Srieuk

Re: Document for Right of Abode/Certificate of entiltlement

Post by Srieuk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Hello Sanjay,

We applied ROA online and submitted docs in Hyderabad on 3rd March below is our data
my son was born in UK before we got ILR and registered as British Citizen after our ILR.
we submitted
1. His UK full Birth certificate
2. British citizen registration certificate
3. his indian passport obtained while he was in UK
4. expired BRP card
5. letters from NHS
6. photo copy of parents passports and ILR card.
7. Marriage certificate was laminated so got another letter from register as laminated docs not accepted.
8. his old letters from home office.
9. Father employment history from HMRC
10. His return Ticket booked 4 months ago!

no where maintenance funds requirement mentioned so didn't submit any bank statements or my payslips
I saw somewhere in your post 6000GBP required but I doubt its requirement. Please let me know why you think this is required and who suggested.

now I am waiting for result.
current status application is in processing in chennai.

hope this helps
Cheers
Sri

sunnystar
Newly Registered

Post by sunnystar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Srieuk wrote:Hello Sanjay,

We applied ROA online and submitted docs in Hyderabad on 3rd March below is our data
my son was born in UK before we got ILR and registered as British Citizen after our ILR.
we submitted
1. His UK full Birth certificate
2. British citizen registration certificate
3. his indian passport obtained while he was in UK
4. expired BRP card
5. letters from NHS
6. photo copy of parents passports and ILR card.
7. Marriage certificate was laminated so got another letter from register as laminated docs not accepted.
8. his old letters from home office.
9. Father employment history from HMRC
10. His return Ticket booked 4 months ago!

no where maintenance funds requirement mentioned so didn't submit any bank statements or my payslips
I saw somewhere in your post 6000GBP required but I doubt its requirement. Please let me know why you think this is required and who suggested.

now I am waiting for result.
current status application is in processing in chennai.

hope this helps
Cheers
Sri
Hi Sri,

Have you received your son's ROA certificate? I applied for my son in the UK in begging of March and still waiting.

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:38 pm

I am british and my son is born in India and we have got him an Indian passport.

I was told to select the Nationality as British.

I am filling the form for ROA online and selected nationality as British but on the side it states 'Nationality as stated in the passport or travel document' . Going with this the Nationality is Indian as the child has Indian Passport!!!

Please help.

If I select Indian then next question is 'Do you any other Nationality- (any other passports or travel documents which show you have held a different nationality or nationalities?)

What do I do?

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Sanjay