ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL/citizenship cert- college closed-no accreditation lttr

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

J20
Newly Registered

ESOL/citizenship cert- college closed-no accreditation lttr

Post by J20 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello, wonder if anyone can advise.

A family member did the ESOL course in English with citizenship a couple of years ago but is only now getting round to the naturalization process.

The problem is she has the certificate but not the form which confirms that its an accredited college and the college has now closed down!

What can we do?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 pm

I believe the applicant will have do the course again.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:58 am

Perhaps during the past 2 years since the ESOL course, their English has improved sufficiently to tackle the Life in the UK test.
ESOL certificates will only be accepted if the college is on the UKBA approved list and is accompanied by a letter from the college stating the entry level, level obtained and that the course had Citizens content.
I'm assuming the certificate wasn't submitted and accepted for an ILR application?

J20
Newly Registered

Post by J20 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Thank you for your responses. Her English has improved but I'm a bit dubious about whether she would pass the Life in the UK test.

The certificate wasn't submitted for ILR.

I was hoping in the circumstances UKBA would accept the certificate as it was definitely an accredited college.

Ah well