ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akhurshid

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 am

DNA wrote:Hi everyone!

Would appreciate any suggestions or tips for naturalisation application on basis of 3 years
Re: Following Queries

1) Does Home Office require copy of AN application form and copy of supporting documents as well along with original.

2) What supporting documents are required in addition to Passport, residence permit.

3) For language and knowledge, I assume LIUK and NARIC English Language assessment is required for non UK Degree Holders. I have non UK Degree and I had my ILR and LIUK before 28/10/2013. So what would I need in terms of knowledge and language. Secondly English assessment only confirms medium of teaching whereas HO also needs UK equivalent degree standard which I am not sure whether language assessment would cover it or not.

4) What can be attached to show proof of 3 years residence and work in UK e.g. P60, Council Tax Bill etc. I don not think HO requires another residential or tax proof in my case.

5) Just a general Question, is it mandatory to have valid passport for naturalisation application.

Thanks folks!
1. No
2. None if there is no gap between your passport in 3 years.
3. Check if your degree is recognised in PBS calculator. If not, NARIC assessment and letter from university confirming that degree was taught in english.
4. Nothing else is needed if you don't have gap in passports
5. No but if your passport has expired, then you need to show you were in the country since your passport has expired. They usually ask for payslips for that period.

sme01

Post by sme01 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi,

If someone has bank loan and credit card loan and if he wants to apply for naturalisation, can it effect his application in any way?
is there someone here who has the same situation can share his/her experience.

Thanks

sme01

Post by sme01 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,

If someone has bank loan and credit card loan and if he wants to apply for naturalisation, can it effect his application in any way?

Thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

sme01 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
It shouldn't as long you are making regular payments.

DNA

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:00 am

Does HO require ELA or SOC to satisfy English language requirement. Because I requested ELA from NARIC as it says in AN guidance but how to fullfil UK equivalent standard of degree. Do I need Statement of comparability as well.

Secondly Naric stated in their letter that degree is not at C1 level whereas HO needs B1 for naturalisation. Does it mean I need to do B1 or this letter would do.

Can some one help please!

irrfat666
Newly Registered

Post by irrfat666 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi there,

It's been 7 months since I applied for naturalisation application but haven't heard back. Can someone please advise what can be done in such situation to get an update or accelerate application process?

Here are the dates that will help you understand the situation better:

Application date: 13th June 2014 (Ealing Council - NCS)
Fee debited from bank account: 23rd June 2014
Application Status: Pending

I have called the Home Office 3 times after after 16th December 2014 (6 months completed) and their system shows application is under consideration. I sent a letter as well to ask about the potential date for a decision and the contact centre confirmed they have received the letter and it's logged in the system and it was passed to the caseworker.

I still haven't heard back from them so should I write to local MP about it? Do you have a template I can use to write to MP?

If there is anything else I can do please guide me through.

Regards
Irrfat

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:53 pm

there is no such template, find who is your mp, email them from their website,or write to him to his office address and enter details of your application, your ref, there you go.

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi All

I'll make it short and hope someone will shed some light on the case. I applied in Dec with under 18 child. The child's invitation for the ceremony arrived today (dated 12 Jan) but my one (main applicant) has not come yet. Should I be worried? I have seen quite similar post somewhere here some time ago but can not find it now. Please either point me to look for it or if you experienced the same let me know the outcome. Thanks a million. Soo worried...

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:59 pm

indespair wrote:Hi All

I'll make it short and hope someone will shed some light on the case. I applied in Dec with under 18 child. The child's invitation for the ceremony arrived today (dated 12 Jan) but my one (main applicant) has not come yet. Should I be worried? I have seen quite similar post somewhere here some time ago but can not find it now. Please either point me to look for it or if you experienced the same let me know the outcome. Thanks a million. Soo worried...
Applications are processed separately. I wouldn't be worried.

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks akhurshid. I never knew they were processed separately. That is strange. Main applicant might even be refused but dependant will still be successful? I can't see the logic in them being processed separately..

DNA

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Can someone please explain english requirement for AN application.

Is it Language assessment or statement of comparability ehich is required for non uk degrees.

I had ELA done from NARIC which says not equal to C1 but B2 and lower B1. It doesnot say whether degree is equivalent or not.

I did IELTS in 2009, would that be valid

Do I meet the requirement or should I just do B1.

Needs help on this!

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:35 pm

indespair wrote:Thanks akhurshid. I never knew they were processed separately. That is strange. Main applicant might even be refused but dependant will still be successful? I can't see the logic in them being processed separately..
There are too many things involved, your post might have been delayed. Council may only have one slot in their next ceremony.
You letter might have lost in post. Don't just assume your application might be refused.
Why don't you call HO and check with them?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:35 pm

DNA wrote:Can someone please explain english requirement for AN application.

Is it Language assessment or statement of comparability ehich is required for non uk degrees.

I had ELA done from NARIC which says not equal to C1 but B2 and lower B1. It doesnot say whether degree is equivalent or not.

I did IELTS in 2009, would that be valid

Do I meet the requirement or should I just do B1.

Needs help on this!
If you have used IELTS with your previous application then you can still use that.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Those who have received the approval - do you get individual approval letter for each applicant or a single letter for the everyone. Also, if it is single letter for everyone who applied together do you get details of all applicants in the letter? The reason why I am asking is on the acknowledgement letter I noticed it was addressed to one applicant only.

Can someone please clarify.

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm

[/quote]

There are too many things involved, your post might have been delayed. Council may only have one slot in their next ceremony.
You letter might have lost in post. Don't just assume your application might be refused.
Why don't you call HO and check with them?[/quote]

Thanks for your, as ever, prompt reply, akhurshid. Sorry, if my post came out as quite negative in terms of me assuming my application had been refused. That was not the case. Never would I dare to assume such a thing :) What I meant was that those applications being processed separately did not make sense but no one should ever try to find logics in HO actions:)
Anyways, will call my council first thing tomorrow to see if they got anything on me, if no, will call the HO as you suggested. Will keep you, guys, posted.
Thanks again for finding time to reply. Much appreciated!

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 pm

hsmpaspirant2008 wrote:Those who have received the approval - do you get individual approval letter for each applicant or a single letter for the everyone. Also, if it is single letter for everyone who applied together do you get details of all applicants in the letter? The reason why I am asking is on the acknowledgement letter I noticed it was addressed to one applicant only.

It happens to us, my application is a part of a JOINT application( me and my wife), we only received 1 aknowledegment letter and it was adreessed : MR AND MRS XXXXXXXXX.

DNA

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks for reply akhurshid.

I came on spouse visa and I do not remember whether I attached my IELTS then or not.

What are other options.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:07 pm

weeman1978 wrote:
hsmpaspirant2008 wrote:Those who have received the approval - do you get individual approval letter for each applicant or a single letter for the everyone. Also, if it is single letter for everyone who applied together do you get details of all applicants in the letter? The reason why I am asking is on the acknowledgement letter I noticed it was addressed to one applicant only.

It happens to us, my application is a part of a JOINT application( me and my wife), we only received 1 aknowledegment letter and it was adreessed : MR AND MRS XXXXXXXXX.
What do you mean by "joint application"? There are no longer joint applications in terms of a single, reduced fee for both applicants. Perhaps you meant that you simply submitted both of your applications together?

MaiMuna
Newly Registered

Naturalization for child under 18

Post by MaiMuna » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Hope i will be able to get some advice.

my three year old was born in the UK in 2011 when both me and my partner had limited live to remain. We have since got our settlement status. I understand me and my partner have to wait till the one year is up but I have been told that I can apply for British Citizenship for my daughter before the one year of having obtains indefinate leave is finished. I Is this correct? If so which form do i use?

Thank you in advance
Last edited by MaiMuna on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Yes, you are correct, the fees is not reduced. I meant we applied together. We got only one acknowledgement letter.

Will we get seperate approval and invitation letters?
ukswus wrote:
weeman1978 wrote:

What do you mean by "joint application"? There are no longer joint applications in terms of a single, reduced fee for both applicants. Perhaps you meant that you simply submitted both of your applications together?

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

ukswus wrote:
weeman1978 wrote:

Yeah and they still called it JOINT APPLICATION in the NCS even when we pay £906 separately, even the HO send us only one acknowledgement letter addressed as MR AND MRS instead of 2 letters address to both of us.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 pm

DNA wrote:Thanks for reply akhurshid.

I came on spouse visa and I do not remember whether I attached my IELTS then or not.

What are other options.
If not sure, source something else to prove your KoL.

zaakiir
Newly Registered

Post by zaakiir » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

My wife and I have been married since August 2009 - I was initally on PBS and my wife was given a dependent visa.

In Feb 2010, I applied for my ILR and in 2013 I completed my naturalisation and got my British passport in June 2013.

​With regards to my wife, she applied for her spouse visa in ​February 2012 and been given the 2 years spouse visa. She then applied for her ILR and been granted her ILR in August 2014. My wife has been in the uk since 2002 but been in and out of the country until we got married in August 2010. Since Aug 2010, she has been in the UK mainly.

The question here is "does my wife need to wait for a year from August 2014(ILR date) to apply for her Naturilsation or can she just apply now? I was reading the rules and my understanding is that if we have been married for 3 years, then that's fine. However, some people say we need to wait for another year before we can apply for Naturilsation?

Can you please clarify and guide me to the right process?

Many thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm

zaakiir wrote:Hi guys,

My wife and I have been married since August 2009 - I was initally on PBS and my wife was given a dependent visa.

In Feb 2010, I applied for my ILR and in 2013 I completed my naturalisation and got my British passport in June 2013.

​With regards to my wife, she applied for her spouse visa in ​February 2012 and been given the 2 years spouse visa. She then applied for her ILR and been granted her ILR in August 2014. My wife has been in the uk since 2002 but been in and out of the country until we got married in August 2010. Since Aug 2010, she has been in the UK mainly.

The question here is "does my wife need to wait for a year from August 2014(ILR date) to apply for her Naturilsation or can she just apply now? I was reading the rules and my understanding is that if we have been married for 3 years, then that's fine. However, some people say we need to wait for another year before we can apply for Naturilsation?

Can you please clarify and guide me to the right process?

Many thanks
You can apply for her naturalisation now. No need to wait for an year as long she can satisfy the other requirements. You don't need to be on ILR for year since she is married to British citizen. She just need to have ILR and be in UK for 3 years atleast.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Spouse of British citizen must be free from immigration Tim restrictions on the day HO receive their application
Is your case you are a British citizen and she's had indefinite leave so she can apply straight away !!
But she will need to show her knowledge of English and life in uk test certificate