ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zaakiir
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by zaakiir » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks you akhurshid - this is much appreciated.

You mentioned other requirements - what are they please? Which form do I use? Is this the Form AN? I can not see how to make payment to them?

Thanks again

[quote="akhurshid"][quote="zaakiir"]Hi guys,

My wife and I have been married since August 2009 - I was initally on PBS and my wife was given a dependent visa.

In Feb 2010, I applied for my ILR and in 2013 I completed my naturalisation and got my British passport in June 2013.

​With regards to my wife, she applied for her spouse visa in ​February 2012 and been given the 2 years spouse visa. She then applied for her ILR and been granted her ILR in August 2014. My wife has been in the uk since 2002 but been in and out of the country until we got married in August 2010. Since Aug 2010, she has been in the UK mainly.

The question here is "does my wife need to wait for a year from August 2014(ILR date) to apply for her Naturilsation or can she just apply now? I was reading the rules and my understanding is that if we have been married for 3 years, then that's fine. However, some people say we need to wait for another year before we can apply for Naturilsation?

Can you please clarify and guide me to the right process?

Many thanks[/quote]

You can apply for her naturalisation now. No need to wait for an year as long she can satisfy the other requirements. You don't need to be on ILR for year since she is married to British citizen. She just need to have ILR and be in UK for 3 years atleast.[/quote]

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Form An is used for naturalisation application
Make sure you read the An Guide and An booklet
As for payment you can pay by cheque or print out a payslip on home office website where you will be required to fill in your credit or debit card details

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 pm

From https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ort-office

"The line is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5.30pm weekends and public holidays. Calls to 0300 numbers are charged at your network provider's standard national rate."

Does anyone really proof read before posting on a government portal :roll:

happygirl0580
Newly Registered

Post by happygirl0580 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 am

citizenship application over 6 months

Hi Guys, I sent my British Citizenship Application last year 19th of May, and no good news yet. I called them yesterday I was told to write a letter to them for an update, please could someone help on how to write the letter. thanks

LW1983
Newly Registered

Post by LW1983 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi

Will the PR card be returned if I apply by post ?Can anyone please share some light ? Thank you

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Yes it will be returned,you should include a self address recorded delivery envelope with your application so they can send back to you recorded alternatively you can apply through NCS they will photocopy and certify your documents and you will have a rest of mind!!

nchouksey1111
Newly Registered

Post by nchouksey1111 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Hello,
I would like to apply citizenship for my wife. Not sure about her ESOL certificates are acceptable or not for "English language qualifications". She has following ESOL certificares:

- Cambridge ESOL Entry level certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Entry 1) - passed in March 2007
- Cambridge ESOL Entry level certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Speaking and listening) (Entry 2) - passed in June 2007
- CERTIFICATE OF UNIT CREDIT TOWARDS Entry Level Certificate in ESOL skills for list (Entry 3) by City & Guilds - Passed in Sept 2008 --> Speaking and Listening Entry 3
- CERTIFICATE OF UNIT CREDIT TOWARDS Level 1 Certificate in ESOL skills for list by City & Guilds - Passed in Sept 2008 --> Reading and Writing Level 1

She did these course in 2007 - 08, are they still valid if the accept them.

She does have a B.Com degree but in her local language so only way is ESOL. Please reply

Regards,
Naveen

galaxy1
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Dear fellows.
I applied on 5th of Dec with my family (3 adult and 1 under 18) .received acknowledement on 17th Dec (fee deducted on 14th). I am yet waiting. Anybody can tell what is straight forward application . I do not thing any negativity in our applications. Why family applicants are more delayed. What they look more into that. Waiting for comments. Thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:34 am

galaxy1 wrote:Dear fellows.
I applied on 5th of Dec with my family (3 adult and 1 under 18) .received acknowledement on 17th Dec (fee deducted on 14th). I am yet waiting. Anybody can tell what is straight forward application . I do not thing any negativity in our applications. Why family applicants are more delayed. What they look more into that. Waiting for comments. Thanks
Every application is different. Even if it seems straight forward to you, it might not to HO and they have to do various checks.
I wouldn't worry about it and just wait patiently.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:25 pm

ok guys, i have a few queries, please answer

1. what are the standard checks the HO carries out on your Naturalization application? can anyone list them please, and how much does it usually take to complete the checks?

2. the Ack email has a ref number(all numbers) and Ack postal has a ref number (combination of letters and alphabets). Now which one of these is my ref number for my application?

3. what is the number i can contact HO about the status of my application?

many thanks

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:ok guys, i have a few queries, please answer

1. what are the standard checks the HO carries out on your Naturalization application? can anyone list them please, and how much does it usually take to complete the checks?

2. the Ack email has a ref number(all numbers) and Ack postal has a ref number (combination of letters and alphabets). Now which one of these is my ref number for my application?

3. what is the number i can contact HO about the status of my application?

many thanks
No1 exactly knows what kind of checks they perform on what time of applications but usually that includes, fixed penalties, driving offences, deceiving public or government, Bankcurptcy, adverse credit history, any criminal records etc etc. But it varries,

The letter you received in post must have a reference number which contains letters n numbers and email you received have case ID number. If you need to give contact them, you can mention any of these and they would pull out your details.

Number you need to call them is 0300 123 2253

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

thanks Babloo85

i called at this number, but a very unhelpful lady simply refused to give me any information saying that before 6 months, they cant tell me anything.

i tried but she was very stubborn to look into the system for me.

is there any other trick ?

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi all,

Going to be applying for citizenship next week through NCS for 2 adults and a kid on 5 years + 1 year ILR category . Will be joining you guys soon to discuss each and every step happening with my application.

Any suggestions on the list of documents to carry just in case NCS expects some document which is not mentioned in the guide / booklet other than the below

P60
Letter from Employer
Salary slips
Marriage certificate
Kid's birth certificate

Any tips to bear in mind before visiting NCS?

[This forum has been of immense support to me with my ILR application and now with BC. Can't thank enough. I did share my experience after my ILR application. Will do the same with BC too :) ]

Thank you.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Buzz bee wrote:Hi all,

Going to be applying for citizenship next week through NCS for 2 adults and a kid on 5 years + 1 year ILR category . Will be joining you guys soon to discuss each and every step happening with my application.

Any suggestions on the list of documents to carry just in case NCS expects some document which is not mentioned in the guide / booklet other than the below

P60
Letter from Employer
Salary slips
Marriage certificate
Kid's birth certificate

Any tips to bear in mind before visiting NCS?

[This forum has been of immense support to me with my ILR application and now with BC. Can't thank enough. I did share my experience after my ILR application. Will do the same with BC too :) ]

Thank you.
You don't need P60 or letter from employer unless you have gap in your passports or are eu citizen exercising treaty right.
Marriage certificate is only required if your partner has not been in the UK for 5 years(applying as BC spouse).

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:15 pm

irrfat666 wrote:Hi there,

It's been 7 months since I applied for naturalisation application but haven't heard back. Can someone please advise what can be done in such situation to get an update or accelerate application process?

Here are the dates that will help you understand the situation better:

Application date: 13th June 2014 (Ealing Council - NCS)
Fee debited from bank account: 23rd June 2014
Application Status: Pending

I have called the Home Office 3 times after after 16th December 2014 (6 months completed) and their system shows application is under consideration. I sent a letter as well to ask about the potential date for a decision and the contact centre confirmed they have received the letter and it's logged in the system and it was passed to the caseworker.

I still haven't heard back from them so should I write to local MP about it? Do you have a template I can use to write to MP?

If there is anything else I can do please guide me through.

Regards
Irrfat
You don't need any template, simply just call in MP office they will assist you.

Irfan

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 am

[/quote]

You don't need P60 or letter from employer unless you have gap in your passports or are eu citizen exercising treaty right.
Marriage certificate is only required if your partner has not been in the UK for 5 years(applying as BC spouse).[/quote]

Thank you Akhurshid. Completely get it.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 pm

i called at this number again today 0300 123 2253

but the lady again refused to give me any details or update at all.

and kept telling me that before 6 months they cant say anything and she doesnt have access to the application details.

is there any other way to get an update before 6 months ?

thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:i called at this number again today 0300 123 2253

but the lady again refused to give me any details or update at all.

and kept telling me that before 6 months they cant say anything and she doesnt have access to the application details.

is there any other way to get an update before 6 months ?

thanks
Just tell them that you have problems with post and just want to check if they have sent any letter in case they need something.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks akhurshid, will try this trick.
wish they had premium service for naturalization.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:Thanks akhurshid, will try this trick.
wish they had premium service for naturalization.
I would wish for better UKVI server rather than premium service.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 am

ok guys, i will be applying for my passport next week. using check n send
what documents do i need ?
passport
brp
citizenship certificate

anything else ??

other tips n tricks please advise

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 am

Bingo_123 wrote:ok guys, i will be applying for my passport next week. using check n send
what documents do i need ?
passport
brp
citizenship certificate

anything else ??

other tips n tricks please advise
You don't need brp.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 am

ok thanks

Salty-fyfi
Newly Registered

Post by Salty-fyfi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I was hoping you guys could help me out

Came into the UK illegal in 2000 but my ex husband (a French nationality) was living in the UK at the time of my arrival.
We got married in 2002 & I applied for my resident permit the following year.
2003 - I was given 5 years.
July 2008 - Fast forward - my marriage came to an end few weeks before my 5 years expired - Aug 2008
Torn apart but decided to process my application without his help.
I overstayed my visa due to the divorce proceeding coupled with stress. By the time I was strong enough to move on,2009 went by so quickly.
August 2009 - 2011: Hired a lawyer to deal with my application. I felt I was wasting money paying my lawyer so I withdrew my file after the last refusal letter in 2011
January 2012 - 2014 - I decided to deal with HO directly and finally I was given a PR in 2014. Thank goodness I carried on working and that helped a lot with my application.
2015 - A year on, please can the gurus advice if its ok to go ahead with the citizenship application.

I look forward to your reply

Thanks

Fyfi

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

I have granted ILR on 26/03/2014, As i was checking for NCS appointment i m only getting on 26/03/2015.

As i have to wait 12 months before applying for Nationality - Is 26/03/2015 be OK for me ?

do i have to apply later ?

Thanks in Advance

Sadiq