ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Filling up Referee Declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claraluh

Help Filling up Referee Declaration

Post by claraluh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone,
I actually have two questions about the referee part of the application form, and I hope you may help me.

1) I have two British Referees over 35 yrs old who know me for over 5 yrs. One is a Mediator and the other is a Duty Manager. Do They both count as Professional referees? Or at least one of them?

2) On this part of the declaration "5.2 Say how you know the applicant, and state your age and profession:"
Do They need to write down how long they know me for?
I noticed on the passport application there's a question asking how long but in this one there is not. But I have also noticed this part where it says "I declare that I am qualified to act as a referee. The photograph above is a true likeness of the applicant. I confirm each of the points in 5.1 above. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the details given on page 3 of this form are correct." So they might not need to write down as in the points in 5.1 it already says they know me for over 3 yrs. Just wanted to be sure.

Many Thanks!!

vin1983

Re: Help Filling up Referee Declaration

Post by vin1983 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 pm

For 1 and 2 I will let senior forum members to answer. If you are applying through NCS and is a joint naturalisation and passport application please make sure you paste the photo before you give the application to them for review. In my case the lady accepted the naturalisation form but refused to accept the passport application as she wanted the referee to read the instruction and pasted my photo before signing it.

claraluh

Re: Help Filling up Referee Declaration

Post by claraluh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Thank you for the tips Vin1983. Yes, I'm planning to do a joint application, It's booked with NCS for the 24th. My Referee already signed my photo and gave acknowledge. Thanks