ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Last year residence period

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rn9
Newly Registered

Help - Last year residence period

Post by rn9 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 am

All,

Been in country since 2008 - got my ILR ( through WP) in 2013. I work for an UK company, paying tax, living with my family, owning property in the UK. However, given the nature of my job, I travel quite heavily on business. I did a quick calculation and likely to out of country between 120-130 days in the final year and in total 400 days (incl 130 days in the final year) through the 5 year qualifying period.

I have letters from my employer citing each individual travel over the 5 year period and confirming they were for Business only. The family would have no issue as they have been out of country for less 20 days in the last year and less that 100 over the full 5 years.

Appreciate that this will be discretionary application - grateful if anyone would share their personal experience and / or your advise on what I should do when I apply for BC. Many thanks,

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Help - Last year residence period

Post by milan69 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:12 am

I have been out of UK for 120 in the last year and I've applied for a discretion and I have received citizenship in 8 weeks.
I am sometimes wrong.

rn9
Newly Registered

Post by rn9 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 am

Many thanks Milan 69 -

Any documents or special letter you sent as part of the application. Cheers

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 am

This is what I wrote on page 15.

"I wish to state that I have made the UK my home together with my family - my wife and 16 year old son who are both British citizens and live in the United Kingdom. With my family, I live in a rented house which is in my name. In addition, I have a large part of my estate in the United Kingdom. In the past few months, due to the nature of my work, I had to spend several weeks working abroad and therefore I am requesting for discretion to be applied with regard to the requirement to have not been absent from the country for more than 90 days in the final year."

It is very important to show that you have made UK your home, established your family here and that large part of your estate is here.
I am sometimes wrong.

rn9
Newly Registered

Post by rn9 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 am

Many thanks Milan 69. This is very re-assuring indeed. I have all of the above you have suggested and importantly am well within 450 days through the 5 year period. Fingers crossed .... cheers